2004 225 VMAX OX66 Throttle Position Sensor Voltage Question

I was having issues with my 225 OX66 not reaching max rpm and if it did manage to make it over 5300 rpm, it would "roll back" and rpm would drop off. It ended up being an O2 sensor but during my troubleshooting I checked the TPS voltage. From what I could gather between forums and my SELOC manual, with the number 1 butterfly linkage disconnected, TPS voltage should have been around .50 Volts. With the linkage connected, it should be around .62 Volts. I am pretty much dead on in regards to these voltages give or take a couple of millivolts. My manual stated that at WOT I should have 5.0 Volts. I only have 3.9 Volts. Upon further research on several forums, I found a post that said the Voltage in the manual is incorrect for OX66's and should be "around" 4 Volts. Since I'm at 3.9 Volts, I would consider that "around" 4.0 Volts but I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue. I've only had the boat out once since I solved the O2 sensor issue and it seemed to run fine. I think my issue is solved but I'm not 100% sure. I briefly managed to get it to turn 5800-5900 rpm at approx 72 mph but it started violently chine walking and my down trim relay decided to go tango uniform at the same time, so I couldn't trim down to try and get out of the chine walk...so I got out of the throttle and went fishing. Thanks in advance for any info on the TPS voltage.

2. Member
    Watching this

3. Member
    Your voltages are right on with what I have always had on mine. It’s only a 5 V supply, and you would never want to max voltage required through the tps.

4. Member
    201Pro

Thanks for the info

5. Member
    Pretty sure that's right at what mine read

6. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Sounds to me like you're good to go....minus the trim relay.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."