Potential Torn Hip Labrum or Two

Have experienced some severe muscle and joint pain in hips, thighs, calves and shoulders of late.
    I felt bad enough two Saturdays ago when I shot my worst round of the year.
    I went to the Dr. on Tuesday and blood sample drawn for testing.
    Followed up with okay rounds Thursday and Friday, but Saturday again was another story.
    I almost quit at 9 as I was in extreme pain and out of balance. But walking more loosened things up and I felt good enough to proceed with a Club Special and a couple of beers for the last nine holes.
    Then on to Sunday. Oh my goodness. I could barely get out of bed. Legs, back and hips locked up. I struggled to make it to the bathroom and hit the landing pad. I won’t bore you with all the details but I will say I was in major pain.
    I had two friends to join my wife and I for golf that Sunday and did not want to cancel on them. So I got up, exercised and stretched to loosen up And try and walk to the car.
    Short warm up and the course and we are off. First hole I couldn’t bend to get the ball out of the hole. I had to get down on one knee and pull it out. Embarrassing! Finished the round and got a little looser some to feel a little better.
    Monday sucked. Talked to the Doc and blood tests all good for things they checked. So back today to give more blood and get a second round of tests.
    Got a massage from my Tech I have been going to for 2 years. She is excellent. Suggested that i go to an orthopedic doc and check for torn hip Labrum. I think she may be correct. At least that would be fixable with microsurgery. It is a common injury for golfers, hockey players, and other athletes.
    Have any of you had a torn Hip Labrum? If so, how was your experience and recovery time to return to the course?
    Sorry for the long post.

2. Member
    I have not had that type of injury. I'll be praying for you and the family for a good diagnosis and quick recovery.

3. Member
    Some quick research on torn labrum in the hip tells me to deal with this like a torn rotator cuff, meaning it will not heal on its own.
    Get it diagnosed and treated as soon as possible.

I have had times when I play a lot of golf ( 4-6 times a week) and my left hip will "bark" at me. Usually laying off a few days and things quiet down.
    I suspect being right handed, the left hip takes a bit of a beating as I rotate the upper body while the left foot is firmly planted. (assuming I'm making a proper swing!)

Best wished for you as you deal with the pain!