Thread: Battery setup

Battery setup

I'm trying to figure out what to do for my high power needs. I am running the following off of a Group 31 wet cell Dual Purpose battery,

Livescope
    Three 9" chartplotters
    Live well pumps
    Power Poles

If I sit on a spot all day, I run the risk of not being able to start up when it's time to head back to the launch; especially in the colder months. Should I get a 31 group AGM for all, separate battery for my electronics & Livescope, or just separate the Livescope? How are others with Livescope and Power Poles coping with this?
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    Mercury 200 EFI (0G374590)
    26P Trophy Plus / Garmin Force / Garmin EchoMAP / Dual Power Pole Pro Series II

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

What you have should work. I run a Troll Bridge which will charge the TM batteries when the big motor is running and will "Borrow" power from the TM batteries to the starting battery if needed for starting the big motor. Be sure top keep your wet cells full of water before charging to get the most charge.

http://www.yandina.com/troll24info.htm
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    I fought the low power cranker. I even went to an X2 battery. For my own peace of mind I added a battery for part of my electronics. Right now I am a happy camper.
    Last edited by Jig_Man; 11-18-2020 at 06:23 PM.

4. Member
    I run 3-12" Lowrance, 1222 Livescope, dual poles, livewells, oxygenator, 250 sho, radio, lights, bilge pump, etc... off ONE millertech 100 ah lithium, with no problems