Winterizing new to me 2012 250 ho

When doing my old venom I would run fresh gas with stabilizer in it and then I would pull the plugs and shoot each cyl with fogging spray then turn the fly wheel by hand to coat everything then put the plugs back in ,can I do the same thing with the fog oil or should I put some xd 100 in a squirt bottle and do the same thing or should I be doing something completely different not used to these fancy motors lol thanks pat

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    It is self winterizing the process is in your owners manual you don't do anything but raise the throttle lever.

https://www.evinrude.com/en-US/blog/...oat-motor.html

3. Member
    I didn’t get an owners manual when I bought it privately so I have another ? It’s not a g2 it’s the older style American flag wrap type it’s hooked up to my 97 stratos 201 so I don’t have any of the fancy gauge cluster or any buttons to push is there a way to make it double oil like in the video from under the cowl , sorry to be a pain in the butt

4. Member
    My old G1 etec did not have the fancy gauges either. Here is a video with both throttle configurations for winterizing if you don't have the gauges. I always found it to be a pain, and it usually took me a few times to get it right. I also believe you're only supposed to do a direct hook up to the motor with the hose, and not use muffs.

5. Member
    Thanks I’ll give it a try

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by posmallie View Post
    My old G1 etec did not have the fancy gauges either. Here is a video with both throttle configurations for winterizing if you don't have the gauges. I always found it to be a pain, and it usually took me a few times to get it right. I also believe you're only supposed to do a direct hook up to the motor with the hose, and not use muffs.

this video provides a good process to winterize your engine. The water supply can be provided by muffs on the lower unit or By the hose on the flush port or at the boat ramp
    Last edited by bighare; 11-10-2020 at 06:47 PM.

7. Member
    How do you do this process if you have a Hotfoot?

8. Member
    Just replace throttle movements with the hotfoot. As it's the throttle cable now.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC