MLF Cup in Florida...

From a couple MLF pro's instagrams they are in Florida right now for a cup. Anyone have word where they are fishing? The weather's gonna be a beast for them this week thats for sure!
    2021 Falcon F20 Predator
    2021 Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Member
    I heard Toho this week,

That’s cool. I love watching them fish out local lakes.

just wish MLF would make it easier to follow and call the events by the lake they are on.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

4. Banned
    Bill nothing good about watching areas get exposed nationally. The last thing I want is to have some creek that is relatively unknown exposed to outsiders that otherwise never would have known it existed. These "pros" do nothing more than telegraph everything from community spots to hidden gems that are found with the ridiculous high dollar electronics that the average guy cant afford. Id prefer they just go away and expose some other body of water.... say in Bali!

5. Member
    I would rather all bass tournaments go away. Nothing but recreational fishing. It gets tiring to get up early on the weekend and take a friend fishing, only to get your boat in the water and settle in the area you know is holding fish and then have a half dozen or more boats racing across the lake toward you. Then settle their boat 50' to 100' feet in front of you and tell you they are tournament fisherman and you are fishing their spots and ask you to leave. If you don't leave they get upset and claim they are fishing for money and their rights are greater than yours. That is why I quit organized tournament fishing decades ago because of the arrogance of tournament fisherman.

Tournaments like this Florida board use to participate in is fine with me. It is friendly, competitive and sportsmanship. And I have met many people at the lake during practice time to help them find fish. I didn't mind helping but the tournament breed the past 20 years has been nothing but terrible manners on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by B-47 View Post
    I would rather all bass tournaments go away. Nothing but recreational fishing. It gets tiring to get up early on the weekend and take a friend fishing, only to get your boat in the water and settle in the area you know is holding fish and then have a half dozen or more boats racing across the lake toward you. Then settle their boat 50' to 100' feet in front of you and tell you they are tournament fisherman and you are fishing their spots and ask you to leave. If you don't leave they get upset and claim they are fishing for money and their rights are greater than yours. That is why I quit organized tournament fishing decades ago because of the arrogance of tournament fisherman.

Tournaments like this Florida board use to participate in is fine with me. It is friendly, competitive and sportsmanship. And I have met many people at the lake during practice time to help them find fish. I didn't mind helping but the tournament breed the past 20 years has been nothing but terrible manners on the water.
    I like fishing tournaments because I like BSing with the guys before and after. I enjoy the competition. There is no place for anglers like you mention above. Who cares what they are fishing for, you are there first. It's now your spot.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Bill nothing good about watching areas get exposed nationally. The last thing I want is to have some creek that is relatively unknown exposed to outsiders that otherwise never would have known it existed. These "pros" do nothing more than telegraph everything from community spots to hidden gems that are found with the ridiculous high dollar electronics that the average guy cant afford. Id prefer they just go away and expose some other body of water.... say in Bali!

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Amen. But would you include the local TX's also? I think I would.

9. Member
    I know on Saturday they were on Johns lake, Can't see how it could handle that many boats unless it was like 10-20 boats

10. Member
    Yep...growing the sport is awesome; when it makes you money...

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B-47 View Post

Alright, here it goes. This may help identify the root of the problem.

In the last 2 years I've had two separate experiences on the River with the high school "tournament anglers" captains. It seems these "captains" try to show the kids how its done on TV.

First time was on the south shore of Drayton in February 2019. In 2018, Michael finished off what Irma started, and the lack of any submerged or emergent vegetation caused the fish to rivet to any remaining reeds. We were power poled down on one of the few remaining reed patches, trolling motor up, and here comes the "captain" with the 2 boys standing on the front deck, while still on plane. By the time he got off plane and the kids deployed the trolling motor, they were still going 10 mph right at us. We dropped our rods to deflect their boat to avoid a crash. As they deflected off us, the "captain" told the kids to target the reeds and both kids proceeded to throw their lines directly on top of our lines. We chalked it up to one random bad experience and moved on.

Second event was the HS event out of Trout Creek last Summer. We were out fishing, tucked into a small cove, witnessing a Ranger with a "captain" and 2 kids running on plane between docks straight up to bulkheads. Incredibly disrespectful to property owners, let alone seriously dangerous. We then see this "captain" leave the bulkhead and jump on plane, again between docks and run to our south. We realize he is circling back (he saw a boat - us) and comes in on plane with 2 kids standing on the deck. Same deal, came in hot and right on top of us. I ask him WTF, and he at first says "I didn't see you" and after calling BS, he says "I thought you were going the other way". I said more than a few things that need not be repeated, generally along the lines that his actions are not the way to tach young men.

Can't blame the kids.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skydever View Post
    I know on Saturday they were on Johns lake, Can't see how it could handle that many boats unless it was like 10-20 boats
    In cup events it’s usually 6-8 boats at a time...
    2021 Falcon F20 Predator
    2021 Mercury 250 ProXS