Rigging hose hits boat

I recently installed a 12" Bob's Action series jack plate on my ZXR 21 whit 250 SHO, now when I trim my engine up to install my motor mate my rigging house bends badly and hits my boat. I was told to cut 2" off the hose but this didn't solve the problem. Has anyone else had this issue?

2. Member
    I have this issue on my ‘03. It hasn’t hurt anything in 17 years.

3. Member
    I raise the plate first then lower it back down to tow I leave it about an inch high while towing and have not had a problem
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

4. Member
    Yes 2021 FXR APEX...pisses me off

5. Member
    Motor is most likely up when you come of the water, put the motor mate on then lower it to tow. Get to the lake raise it then take the mate off. Don't know who told you to cut the hose, but if you did, that is going to be a problem going forward. It will continue to pull out of one end or the other. Mine does rub while towing, and has left a black mark that I was able to remove. I wrapped the hose in the area with electrical tape. Don't notice it and problem stopped

6. Member
    BigCountry that's a great idea, i will try that method. The problem is that the original Skeeter jackplate actually set back 14" with the 2" spacer between the engine and jack plate. When these are removed the hose becomes too long. I was told Skeeter just started installing these spacers, not sure why. Thanks everyone for the help.

7. Member
    Your hose hits with jp all the way up? I tow with mine all the way up. Looks better, bobs said be fine, and the hose doesn’t touch. I also have a champ tho but I wouldn’t think it would be too different results.
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

8. Member
    Same. Jack plate up stow and lower
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

2018 Skeeter ZX250 250 Yamaha SHO