Thread: foggy?

foggy?

What's the best way to decarb (fog) a 2006 200 HPDI; my old Evinrude had a fitting that you could screw a can of fogger into but don't see anything like that on this motor....thanks

2. Member
    Decarbbing and fogging are 2 really different things you do to a motor. Decarbbing involves a super high load in of sea foam or ring free and meant to get all the carbon deposits out of your engine.

Fogging is using an oil to coat internal motor parts for long term storage.

I have heard that it is not a great idea to run fog through the HPDI's, so in the fall I fill and Stabil my fuel, run it for awhile to get stabilized fuel through the whole system, and then take each spark plug out, apply a liberal amount of fog into each cylinder, and turn the motor over without the spark plugs in to coat the internal surfaces.

3. Member
    I have fogged my 2007 hpdi 200 every year i have had it. I run on a hose, spray fogging oil into each intake as it is running until i see some white smoke. It usually isnt for very long. I shut it down, then spray some into each cylinder through spark plug hole.

I have done this since 2007 and the motor runs awesome, I have not had any issues.
    Jer
    1999 Ranger R-97 Reata
    2007 Yamaha 200 VMax HPDI

4. Member
    I should look into what the manual tells me to do, all I have heard is hear-say about injector stuff.