Kayak tournament on Harris

Arrived at the ramp shortly before daybreak Saturday and there were a dozen or more vehicles unloading kayaks. It looked like they were having a tournament. By noon time they were scatted all over the lake and some of them were well passed the cooling tower. A few of them had had red flags on a pole but some did not. Some the the kayaks blended in with the water and with the amount of traffic you really need to be watching out for them. This was the first time I had been to Harris in over a year. I know kayaking has become very popular. Is this going on at most large reservoirs on the weekends?
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

2. Banned
    Not sure about this but have seen some listings for kayak tournaments on the web for lakes around here. Seen some on the water myself the past several years and were very hard to see until you get right up on them. Seen a few right before dark on the water with no flags or lights.

I am 100% happy to share the water with those guys but I times I do which they gave visibility a little more thought. They can be very hard to see at times and a flag would be an improvement. Being on the water near dark without some sort of a light is somewhat foolish IMO. I turn mine on and I'm in a big ole bass boat.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Glad these guys can get out on the water but sometimes it looks like a accident looking for a place to happen.
    A mistake on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part.

We fished a tournament at Hyco a couple of years ago and there were over 100 yakers there, tied up the boat ramp!!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

6. Banned
    Dont know why these guys would want to fish the bigger lakes,. Whole point of Kayak bass fishing is to fish the smaller less accessible to bass boat lakes. Fishing is usually better to as the bass arnt pounded to death every weekend. Places I usually fish ( in a bass boat though) tend to be smaller lakes that dont host tournaments. Prior to this covid thing, usually only shared the lake with live bait guys fishing for food fish . And a few kayakers.

7. Mike Lamb
    I have seen them at Harris and Falls out in the main area @ dark with no lights. You talk about getting spooked when you are running across the lake and flash light comes on.
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC