What you need for a conversion to leaf spring from mono leaf spring 181 Champ trailer

Through trials and tribulations this is what you need to do the change out. My trailer was built by EZ loader. But they don't have the components needed and will refer your to other spring sellers.
    I found out spring sales folks know nothing about the conversion and blank out when you say "mono leaf spring"

You need longer u bolts because of the multiple leaves add length needed.
    I got these on Amazon.
    (4) HDG Hot Dipped Galvanized Square U-Bolt Boat Trailer U Bolt Ubolt 1/2" D x 2 1/16" W x 6 5/16" L

You need this spring which I got from Michigan Truck Springs. Fast shipping.
    Trailer Leaf Spring | Double Eye | 4 Leaves | 2,000 lbs. Capacity

Double eye trailer spring is made from the highest quality steel. 1.75 inches wide, 26 inches long with 2000 lbs. capacity per spring. Details

2 In Stock as of October 29, 2020 10:49 PM EST.

• Number of Leaves:4
    • Width:1.75 inches
    • Steel Thickness:.360 inches
    • Free Length (C):26.00 inches
    • Arc (A):14.00 inches
    • Length (B):14.00 inches
    • Free Open (H):4.25 inches
    • Capacity:2,000 lbs. each
    • Bushing ID9/16 inch
    • You will need two u bolt plates because the old plate's middle hole is not big enough for the bolt that holds the new leaf springs together.
    • Also purchase four new leaf spring bolts and nuts.
    • I did not replace the bolt attached to the shackle. And I reused the old shackle.
    • I think that is it. No more bouncing along when you hit a dip in the road.
    • Also, peace of mind that the mono leaf is not gonna break while traveling to your favorite fishing hole.
    • Hope this helps.

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Great info!

3. Member
    Yep, swapped mine out years ago.
    Had Warner brake and spring shop do it.