Folks...let me attempt to make something clear.

Look folks. When we asked to start this forum, Al put the question to a discussion in the lounge. Most of the people who replied didn't care if this forum existed or not. They said if they didn't want to read it, they didn't have to.

BUT...of those who were at least somewhat opposed, the most common negative was that a religious forum would just be a place to fight and squabble, and name call. I told myself that was not going to happen.

Another forum I'm active on, or was until the recent Covid 19 situation, is Glock Talk. Glock talk has a forum for everything it seems. They used to have a religious forum. They did until 2017 anyway. It was closed down due to the constant squabbling and bickering that went on.

Now it was a more active forum with a lot more furballs. What we've had here are more like a formal English Tea than the discussions on GT.

But that's what I don't want to have happen here. I've never heard a word from Al about this forum. I don't know if he ever reads it or not.

I'd like to keep it that way. Think before you hit that "send" button.

2. Member
    Thanks CB for the post.

From a historical perspective theology has always produced heated debate among believers, this can be found in new testament and throughout the centuries.

It would be my desire for all of us to stick to the topic at hand in any thread rather than chase rabbits. Name calling is simply a character flaw found in all of us that needs to be kept in check regardless of how much we may disagree on a particular topic.

I wholeheartedly disagree with the idea that I heard in a recent thread about some form of censorship. That would be catastrophic for apologetics and for sharing the good news of the gospel. Who would be the determiner of sound doctrine ? Me ? Ms ? Dig? GBS ? rexico ? lenny ? what a nigh mare that would be.

Yea I know...................some will say the scripture is the determiner, how has that worked out for last 2,000 years :) Yes I do believe the scripture is the determiner of all truth but how we humans define, interpret, extrapolate, exegete ect is where it all gets interesting.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    Thanks CB for the post.

From a historical perspective theology has always produced heated debate among believers, this can be found in new testament and throughout the centuries.

It would be my desire for all of us to stick to the topic at hand in any thread rather than chase rabbits. Name calling is simply a character flaw found in all of us that needs to be kept in check regardless of how much we may disagree on a particular topic.

I wholeheartedly disagree with the idea that I heard in a recent thread about some form of censorship. That would be catastrophic for apologetics and for sharing the good news of the gospel. Who would be the determiner of sound doctrine ? Me ? Ms ? Dig? GBS ? rexico ? lenny ? what a nigh mare that would be.

Yea I know...................some will say the scripture is the determiner, how has that worked out for last 2,000 years :) Yes I do believe the scripture is the determiner of all truth but how we humans define, interpret, extrapolate, exegete ect is where it all gets interesting.
    The 2020 "council of bbc" perhaps.... they will talk about us for centuries.....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    The 2020 "council of bbc" perhaps.... they will talk about us for centuries.....

Last one alive wins the doctrinal debate !