Question Remote drain plug

I have a 2010 z521 and want to add the remote drain plug. Pro's and Con's.

Any pics and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Member
    Type the words remote drain plug in the search function. You can find it in the upper right corner. You will find dozens of discussion and pictures. Those helped me allot when I installed one in my Z20. I love mine.

3. Member
    Lots of guys say theirs leaks a little unless it is really jammed in,mine does too unless I crawl under the transom and bump it in that last little bit. I can’t crank it in close enough. It’s not enough water to matter,I don’t care but some guys are anal about water in their boat. But it is worth the money just to prevent crawling under the boat. I’m running a Ranger vx520 and it’s about nine feet up under there, seems like.My lever is mounted in a hole in the splash well but if I had installed it, I would have fabbed a bracket under the back locker lid. Search on here for some install pics,several good ideas that guys came up with.

4. Member
    Mine leaked a little at first also and I had to push it in the last 1/8 inch or so until I started using food grade o ring lubricant. Now it goes in all the way just turning the lever.

Easy to install, everything lined up for the fittings on the old plug. I didn't want to make a 2" hole in the boat so I went to AutoZone and bought a Trailer Plug Mounting Bracket and then mounted the control lever to it and then the bracket to the lip under the bilge lid.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

I installed one on my Z520c. I put the actuator in the splashwell. So far, so good and it's been a few months. Guys complain about getting the O-ring dirty after they lube it. I recommend keeping it closed when you're on the road. I open mine when I trailer to let any water drain out, then I close it for the trip home, re-open it when I park the trailer. It'll stay much cleaner then.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois

7. Member
    I had a 2010 Ranger 188vx glass boat and installed one, simple install. Hole saw one hole for the control. every thing else is direct replacement. I use a little grease on the oring to make it easier to actuate.

8. Member
    I use a lubricant made for pool valves on mine. Works great!!

9. Member
    Discovered a negative yesterday - residual bilge water (hey, she's an old gal, she leaks occasionally) had frozen in the opening while on the trailer. I had to back it into the lake for a minute to thaw, before pulling forward and moving it to the closed posititon.

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

10. Member
    have a 520 ranger . I would like to put the control in battier box. How lone does the cable have to be. like mitch did.

Quote Originally Posted by jpcudaman74 View Post
    have a 520 ranger . I would like to put the control in battier box. How lone does the cable have to be. like mitch did.
    I used the smallest they had which was 6' and made one large sweeping loop along side the driver side center brace.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents