Mercury 200xs 2.5 don

0t819305 2004 have had this motor since July cannot get it to run right I need recommendations on service plan. I plan on sending the whole fuel system to don for repair. But who should I send the computer to for testing?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Really shouldn't have to "send computer off" as it would normally be pretty obvious if there's a computer problem on this particular PCM.

Start with the BASICS (current tests to reflect CURRENT condition):

-Compression Test

-Spark Test (also confirm correct NGK Iridium Spark Plugs)

-Fuel Quality, Delivery, and Air/Fuel Pressure Tests at Idle, Under Acceleration, 5/10/15 seconds after engine shutdown.

-Computer Diagnostic System PRINTOUTS of the Run History and Freeze Frame (Fault) History.

Beyond that, would need some information on "cannot get it to run right".

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    All tests listed have been verified. I talked to you on the phone in August with my results and I am still having issues. Need to send you the fuel system to test all injectors and calibrate the pressure regulator. Just wanted to verify if I needed to check computer too.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    One final check before you tear it down- have you removed and inspected the REEDS for chips, cracks, standoff in excess of .020" at the tip, or "grit/grime in the seat area of the reeds"? Very important.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Yes I have inspected the reeds. pulled them out inspected the cages and the reeds themselves they are in great shape and snug and all rubber on cages is still sealing.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Sounds like you've covered about everything else you could, then.