Took my 85yr old Dad to Stockton for some white bass fun 11/3/2020

My Dad and my Uncle Les started fishing together in Canada back in the early 60's. They each only missed 1 or 2 years out of the next 40. My uncle Les passed away back in the early 2000's so Dad just quit fishin'. Until I talked him into going on Tuesday of last week. We had caught the whites good enough on our men's camp out that I was confident I could get Dad in on some fish. My first two spots already had boats all over them so I had to try my 3rd spot which paid off almost immediately. I drew first blood on my 5th cast when a big 15 incher absolutely blasted my bait. I caught a couple more, then Dad started picking them too. After not catching anything for about 14 years, there was a lot of hootin' and hollarin' going on in our boat. We fished for about 3-4 hours and had an absolute ball. About 20 years ago we took my granddad up to Canada with us and Dad and Les waited on him hand and foot so it was all play time and no work for granddad. He asked me while we were there if I was paying attention. I was. I jumped back and forth and tied on lures for him if he wanted to change and lifted all his fish out of the water and took all of them off the hook. It was an honor to get to be the one to return the favor. Another great time hanging out with Pop.

Last edited by luvdmymerc; 12-10-2020 at 11:47 AM.

2. Member
    Awesome, just awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Member
    A day you will never forget
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

That's great stuff