Tracker 195 TXW Porpoising

I have a 2021 Tracker 195 with 150 Merc. First run today. RPMs below 3000 and speed,below 30ish unless trimmed all way down the boat porpoises. Over 3,500 RPM I can trip motor up ok. Is this normal? Coming from a 175 with 60 hp it seems a little odd to me. Full fuel and 2 people on board.
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

2021 Tracker 195 TXW 150 Merc 4S, Minn Kota Edge TM, Humminbird Fish Finders

2. Member
    If you have it trimmed up all the way at low speeds yes that can be normal but in my experience it only happens with extreme high trim at low speeds. Get goiing 35-40 or trim to half trim or so and it should not happen at all.

I usually trim all or most of the way down when barely on plane.

3. Member
    If I trim all the way down until on plane I don't have an issue. After on plane I can trim to about half way on the indicator and achieve good RPM and speed. I was just questioning if that is normal. My last boat a 175 TXW with a 60 Merc I could have trim about half way and start off with no problem. I guess this boat may be a little heavier at the transom with the big motor than the 175. I was mis-reading the trim indicator today - it is different than the big salt water boats I have experience with.
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

2021 Tracker 195 TXW 150 Merc 4S, Minn Kota Edge TM, Humminbird Fish Finders