2020 Z19 trailer

All of these threads and internet talk has me paranoid about damage done by the trailer when loading. Got me second guessing everytime loading now. How far do you back the trailer in the water to load. Leave all the diamond plate on fenders out of the water so you can't ride up on it? May end up doing the rubber mat mod like the thread on here. Would be sick if I messed my new boat up loading.

2. Member
    Just dont back in to deep and if its rough at the ramp go a little shallower as a precaution, you can always back in a little further once the boat is safely on the trailer. Guys run up on their fenders by backing in to deep, it should be really difficult if not impossible to run up on them if your at the right depth.

Sun Fish is correct, But these are the first boats that have this issue that I have dealt with.

The hull on our Z19 and Z20s has that distinct edge that has a tendency to catch that carpet board on the fender. So I would make sure you play around with how shallow you can keep the trailer and still load at the ramps you use.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

4. Member
    I always back in far enough to wet my pads completely then pull forward until my front side marker lights are just above water. Works every time for me

5. Member
    I have been backing in so the water is right at the joint where the front step meets the fender. If the water is rough or it's windy I will go in a little less until the boat gets settled like Sun Fish suggests.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

6. Member
    The above info is correct. If you are not in too deep the keel of the boat will hit the bunk boards and center the boat on the trailer before you can run up on the fender. If you are in too deep then you can get on top of the fender before the boat centers itself. Some ramps are steep and some are not, you need to figure out the correct depth for the different ramps in your area.

I have gotten into the habit of idling up to the trailer then put it into neutral and let the boat glide onto the trailer so as soon as the boat hits the bunks it will center itself then stop. Then I look over the side of the boat to see where the fender is. Once I confirm I'm on the trailer strait I power load all the way onto the trailer until the bow eye hits the roller. (power loading is legal and considered the proper way to load a boat in my area)
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C0MRAD View Post
    The above info is correct. If you are not in too deep the keel of the boat will hit the bunk boards and center the boat on the trailer before you can run up on the fender. If you are in too deep then you can get on top of the fender before the boat centers itself. Some ramps are steep and some are not, you need to figure out the correct depth for the different ramps in your area.

I have gotten into the habit of idling up to the trailer then put it into neutral and let the boat glide onto the trailer so as soon as the boat hits the bunks it will center itself then stop. Then I look over the side of the boat to see where the fender is. Once I confirm I'm on the trailer strait I power load all the way onto the trailer until the bow eye hits the roller. (power loading is legal and considered the proper way to load a boat in my area)

Agree, that's why they call them drive on trailers.

2019 Z19

8. Member
    I had this issue, and gouged my boat on my trailer. Is Nitro/Tracker, doing the repairs on any damages?

9. Member
    sounds like these guys have never owned a bass boat

Quote Originally Posted by ifishforbass View Post
    I had this issue, and gouged my boat on my trailer. Is Nitro/Tracker, doing the repairs on any damages?
    No manufacturer will pay for these types of repairs. If you pay them they will all fix it.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

The mention about rubber steps instead of diamond plate is something I would do.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

12. Member
    Swapping out the metal diamond plate for rubber is easy to do. It is also a much better non-slip surface to step on. Another thing I believe would help is raising the carpeted inside fender sideboard about 3/4 of an inch. Also, it is better to have the trailer in too shallow than too deep.

Rubber Fender Top.jpg Metal Fender Top.jpg
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

Quote Originally Posted by C0MRAD View Post
    Exactly what I do with my Z21.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

14. Member
    I do the same things as AuMiner200 and COMRAD. It took a few practice runs, but has worked.
    If the thunder don't getcha, the lightning will.