Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter Man View Post
    About how much fluid does it take for a change?
    If your purging the system of green bean fluid and filling with dino oil you will need to cycle the poles a dozen times after the reservoir is full of dino oil. Drain the reservoir and refill with fresh dino oil. Do this 3 times.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    If your purging the system of green bean fluid and filling with dino oil you will need to cycle the poles a dozen times after the reservoir is full of dino oil. Drain the reservoir and refill with fresh dino oil. Do this 3 times.
    Thanks Mike!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    What happens if a little of the green stuff gets mixed in with the dino?

4. mikesxpress
    It's all ISO32 oil per PP. I would not mix the two myself.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinny View Post
    What happens if a little of the green stuff gets mixed in with the dino?
    if going with an iso32 other then green marine just flush green marine out best you can no issue if tad bit mixes with a non green marine iso32

6. Member
    So you can just suck out all of the fluid in the reservoir and then add the other fluid? Will using the iso32 eliminate the 'snot buildup" on the pump intakes?

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    if going with an iso32 other then green marine just flush green marine out best you can no issue if tad bit mixes with a non green marine iso32

7. mikesxpress
    Tom in order to eliminate the green bean oil snot you have to purge the system. The dino ISO32 oil will not snot up.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    So you can just suck out all of the fluid in the reservoir and then add the other fluid? Will using the iso32 eliminate the 'snot buildup" on the pump intakes?
    if a small amount mixes with the non green marine iso 32 it wont be a issue, not enough green marine would be left in the system to as Mike says "snot". simply running green marine and changing it every 12 to 18 months your good to go no "snot" and still keeping or environment clean. It's cheap easy maintenance.

9. Member
    So if I have my pumps disconnected from the lines can't I just manually operate the poles to force the green stuff out of the lines then fill the reservoir, hook up the lines again and prime? Also, are we saying the green stuff snotting up is symtomatic of that product and that other ISO fluids eliminate or delays the build up?

10. Member
    I think you are correct that they have found that the green fluid is the reason for the snot build up. But I just used a turkey baster to suck out the fluid. No big deal. If I upgrade my lines, I might switch out to regular hydraulic fluid.

11. mikesxpress
    Tim you can do whatever process you wish to purge the green bean fluid from the system but realize that filling the reservoir with true dino oil and running it thru the entire system, emptying the reservoir/refilling as described above will achieve the best results.

The green bean snot is an inherent attribute of the plant based fluid. The dino oil will not/cannot snot up. With the average boat carrying 50 gallons of gasoline, quart+ of jackplate fluid, quart+ of lower unit gear lube, 2 gallons+ of oil for two stroke engines or 2 gallons of sump oil for four strokes, the environmental aspect of using a couple quarts of the green bean fluid is pretty muted..

12. Member
    Thanks Mike. Not sure I will be able to do the full process but getting rid of most of it can't hurt

13. Member
    Mike,
    When you cycle the PP to get the green stuff out can you do it on the trailer without the PP going all the way down?

14. mikesxpress
    If your not going to take the pumps out use the baster method like Tom said to suck the reservoir out between cycling the PPs. Going down to the ground with the poles is sufficient as your trying to get the fluid in the lines back to the reservoir.
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 12-08-2020 at 05:59 AM.

15. Member
    Thanks Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12