Thread: Headed to Dale

Headed to Dale

Going to DH for a week starting next Friday. Tried to get a guide just to point us in the right direction, but couldn’t work one out. What do I need to look for right now? Not tournament fishing, just going with a friend and the wives. Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    It's still too hot. Doesn't mean you can't find any good ones but it will be tough. You may have to find the bait balls in the creek channels, and fish deep 50'+ with spoons, or drop shots. That's not how I like to fish. I'd still try shallow 15-30' with jigs, swimbaits, and topwater.

3. Member
    Good luck..
    I would have low expectations...
    small swimbaits, tailspinners in 30-45ft off of points or rounds might get a few bites..
    If you can find where two points create a little pinch point or a "gut" in the creeks and there is bait in between the points your chances go way up as the game fish will be close.

Also, it's gonna be a grinder

4. Member
    What’s the magic water temp? Not that we can change the dates or anything, just curious how close it’ll be.

5. Member
    I think you will hear what people prefer based on what they like to fish and have success.
    I personally want it 55-60 because you can power fish your brains out and catch fish all day....

People think you have to slow down once the water cools but I hate it and have learned they eat moving baits really good...
    Again, take the water temp conversation with a grain of salt on Dale...

6. Member
    I’m not much for slowing down either

7. Member
    Spent 6 days there. Breaking in Ulterra. Water temp 66 mostly. I caught a few large shellcrackers. Bass guys struggled. I met 2 guys crappie fishing and they limited out 5 days fishing in 30 to 40 ft