Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Livewell Fitting

I am looking for info on where to get this fitting, other than ranger, I will get it there as a last resort, but it must be out there. it will thread on to the inlet side of the pump. the new pump is a johnson spx, and they say it is 3/4" BSPP, It is a straight thread, not same as our NPT that is tapered, not sure if all pumps use that or just these, if I need to buy a different pump I will. maybe the rule pumps are different. I can find some fittings for the rule pumps. The outlet on the spx is 3/4"ght, and it leaks a bit so will need a barbed fitting for that but hope the hardware store will have that one. 1990 374 Ranger 374V. attached is the fitting pic I am looking for.
    livewell fitting.jpg
    thank you for the info and help
    T

It looks like just a standard PVC fitting that you can get at any hardware store. I cant really tell for sure without seeing it from all angles, but what I can see from this pic that's what it is.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Yes, I always head for an Ace Hardware when I need something like that. In 1/4 of the footprint of the farm/home super stores, somehow they manage to pack 4 times the stuff [like fittings] that we really need. If you have a West Marine or similar store within close driving distance, they would for sure have that fitting [albeit at twice the price]. West Marine has online sales, too, but you’d need to know for sure what you wanted.

On the other hand, any marine dealer worth his salt would also have that fitting, and if it’s a long-time Ranger dealer, would have it in his hand within a minute, slip it in a mailing envelope, print up an invoice, and have it on the way to you shortly thereafter.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

I will try the hardware store and if not I will call one of the local dealers

DC31423C-94EC-4988-AF55-7C0BE100DA63.jpeg

If you’re looking for the gray fittings like my photo, like above said, local hardware store.

That would work. Have to move pump out in open to be able to change cartridge. I will go try them.

Did the grey fittings thread on correctly?

Yes, onto the pump base.

I believe livewell pumps are 3/4" straight thread NPS on the inlet just like the Flow-rite valves....

Also, if it's leaking on the outlet (3/4" barb end) check the housing real good for cracks right around the barb. Have seen them crack before probably from over tightening the hose clamp.

They changed to a different way of having the outlet and it doesn't seem to work very well

Are you talking about the fitting for the outlet that some pumps use that can be changed from straight to 90 degree? If so, I haven't had a problem with them.

Yes thats the leaker, that will be fine. Thank you for all the info on the grey fittings, that is where it needs to start and be rebuilt. I hope it comes out as nice as yours, that looks exceptional and the bilge is nice and clean.
    Its getting cold now so this will have to wait for spring, but i will have all the stuff i need and ready by then.

thank you
    Last edited by TerrysRanger374V; 11-10-2020 at 03:25 PM.

They fittings are sure hard to find, nothing at lowes or menards, but have all winter now to find them. i did find out that the pump has 3/4-14 straight thread, but is BSPP but it looks like NPSS might also fit on it, so the search is still on.

thanks
    T

I can check my local place and let you know...... I don’t remember it being a problem when I was looking.

thanks, if you get a part number my ace hardware said they could order it, but they could not find it in the listings.

Let me check on it.... it was either Ace, HD or Lowe’s. But I’m thinking Ace as I’m there two to three times a week.

CAE35175-7F25-4C18-BC15-751CED7E41F8.jpeg

Pretty sure these are the ones that I used from Ace. They thread to the pump base. Let me know if you want me to pick them up and send them to you....

i will take that pic to my ace and they will order them for me, they said if i had the number it would be no problem to get them, so i should be all set.
    thank you very much for getting that info for me.
    T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast