Thread: ZXR 21

ZXR 21

Howdy all!

Have any of you gone from a ZX 250 to a new ZXR 21? If so, how does it fish in your opinion compared to your 250? I currently run a 16 ZX 250 & I feel like it’s a pretty big boat. I really like the new ZXR’s but not sure that I will like something even bigger. I’ve had a few times in my 250 when dock fishing that it’s felt a bit “restricted”. Any and all opinions will be greatly appreciated.
    i hope everyone has a great day!

I was in a 2019 ZX250 and had same questions as you did. After seeing both the ZXR20 and ZXR21 in person I chose the ZXR20. Not a single regret at all. That ZXR21 is a big boat.

3. Member
    ‘18 ZX250 to ZXR21. I don’t tell a difference as far as what you are discussing. I love the extra width at the bow though.

4. Member
    Its certainly a wider boat. I prefer the width because when you have rods laid out across the deck its much further out of the way and I am not stepping on everything. I think it will be noticeable at first but you will quickly get used to it.

5. Member
    I'm in a ZXR21. Love the deck, no problem for my dock fishing.

6. Banned
    Wanting to get the DD26 transom saver and hydraulic steering clamps, but they want to knowSteering width(either 3.75" or 4") and also distance (Fits Models with a 4 1/4" or a 4 13/16" Trim Rod Distance and Trim Rod Diameters of 11/16th of an inch ). My dealer won't give me the i fo says my ZXR21 coming in next week already comes with them. Can anybody here help me out with which size i need to get. I am hoping one of you guys have already bought thee dd26. Thanks in advance

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PFlowers74 View Post
    Wanting to get the DD26 transom saver and hydraulic steering clamps, but they want to knowSteering width(either 3.75" or 4") and also distance (Fits Models with a 4 1/4" or a 4 13/16" Trim Rod Distance and Trim Rod Diameters of 11/16th of an inch ). My dealer won't give me the i fo says my ZXR21 coming in next week already comes with them. Can anybody here help me out with which size i need to get. I am hoping one of you guys have already bought thee dd26. Thanks in advance
    Ever tried motormate? Night and day difference how well it holds the motor in place!

8. Member
    D26 makes on that fits either. Have one coming for my boat.
    Shane