Dedicated Livescope - What do I need

Hoping you can point me in the right direction on what Garmin products I need.

I am wanting to add a dedicated Garmin unit to my boat. This unit will only be for livescope on the bow of my boat. I already have 2 other Hummingbird units for traditional sonar, mapping, etc.

What is the most affordable Garmin head unit with the best resolution for my plan? I don’t need mapping, etc. I was hoping I could save a little money if they have just a unit for this purpose.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    What size screen?? Touch screen, manual??
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    10” or 12” best for this?

I would say touch isn’t needed?

GLS 32 with 122SV Ultra. Call Brian at BBG.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Moore View Post
    Hoping you can point me in the right direction on what Garmin products I need.

I am wanting to add a dedicated Garmin unit to my boat. This unit will only be for livescope on the bow of my boat. I already have 2 other Hummingbird units for traditional sonar, mapping, etc.

What is the most affordable Garmin head unit with the best resolution for my plan? I don’t need mapping, etc. I was hoping I could save a little money if they have just a unit for this purpose.
    My winter project is to do exactly what you describe. I have done a lot of research. Based on the information I have gathered a 1022 bundle is the least expensive way to go with a 10" screen and have Livescope that has the newest transducer technology and also has the picture capability for perspective view. FYI forward and down view has been around since day one. Perspective view is the latest technology. The best I can describe that view is its sideways and down and best suited for water less than 10 ft. I will also be purchasing a perspective view mount and a dedicated wiring harness.

I have no idea but I "assume" Garmin has MAP pricing on their units because everyone seems to have the same price. $2699

https://www.mygreenoutdoors.com/garm...SABEgK3TfD_BwE

If you want perspective view you will need this mount. I have found it from $80-100

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-010-12...a-905625394965

To get the best picture and the least amount of voltage drop a lot of people are using a dedicated wiring system. Garmin recommends wiring DIRECTLY to the battery with the only interruption being a disconnect/on/off switch. Going thru any fuse panels or using a source of power that is shared can result in poor performance. There is a couple people making dedicated wiring harnesses. For one that is specific to your unit and is plug and play open the first link. For a universal kit that requires a small amount of work but capable of doing three units open the second link.

https://sonarproselectronics.com/sho...re-harness-bow

https://thebasstank.com/product/the-...tallation-kit/
    Last edited by JR19; 11-07-2020 at 11:19 PM.

Following this....considering add one too.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

8. Member
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Next question...

At what point do you need to add a dedicated battery for only the electronics?

I am concerned if I add a 1022 livescope bundle to my 3 H Bird and Mega 360 setup that I may put my cranking battery over the limit.

Thoughts?

9. Banned
    No love for the GPSmap 8610 ? If I am reading it right you dont need the black box with this, just the $500 transducer. less components, less connections, less things to have a problem with.

1022. I added a amped outdoors 30ah to run just the garmin 1022 and the box cause I didn’t want anymore on my house battery
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropdeadfred View Post
    No love for the GPSmap 8610 ? If I am reading it right you dont need the black box with this, just the $500 transducer. less components, less connections, less things to have a problem with.
    LVS12 no black box required, LVS32 black box required .

12. Member
    I didn't go with a dedicated battery on my set up. I did however upgrade to a AGM battery running 4 graphs in total and I've had no issues for over a year now. I am not running a 360 as well though. That's this winter's project!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Moore View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Next question...

At what point do you need to add a dedicated battery for only the electronics?

I am concerned if I add a 1022 livescope bundle to my 3 H Bird and Mega 360 setup that I may put my cranking battery over the limit.

Thoughts?
    When I am using livescope, I don't even turn on my second front graph. I put my console unit on sleep mode. No issues yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    1022. I added a amped outdoors 30ah to run just the garmin 1022 and the box cause I didn’t want anymore on my house battery
    Hey 1BADAIR, I have the same units and was thinking about the amped 30 or 32 so I was wondering how yours worked out? Thanks.