11/7/20 fishing report.

Got on the water about 6:45am this morning it was a Beautiful morning before the wind kicked in at about 10am. I was on a small electric only lake. First thing to say is the dnr has taken the docks out at a lot of lakes now and that makes it a little bit of a pain but oh well. Water temp 49/50* this lake has clean water most all the time and there was 3ft visible. Started by the ramp and moved to a fishing getty not far, saw lots of bait schools on the graft, I figured blue gills or crappies. I started using a rattle trap and snagged a crappie so that’s probably the Bait. I stayed there for a bit tried jerkbait, blade bait, small swim bait, rk crawler with no bites. Moving to the dam and ran the rk crawler ( I’ve caught some nice walleyes doing this at this lake before was hoping for dinner) I got half way down the dam and got a good bite ended up with a 4.06lb bass. I was happy!! Moved to some brush in the back of a pocket probably 3ft of water noticed the water temp dropped slightly. No bites, moved to a road bed in 9ft water I was gragging a 3/4oz hobbly head with a biffle bug. No bites. Moved to a step drop off along the bank through the jerkbait, (110 & 110 plus) no bites now the wind was really starting to blow.... I tried few other spots and baits but no luck. Decided to call it a morning at 11:15am so I could get home and watch football/eat dinner. I still had a great time being out in November in a sweat shirt. So I may get out more next week my wife works at a school and she got the call that there quarantining here class because of a positive case :-( she feels good but like me has a cold,at least we hope that’s all we have Lol. Anybody else get out this weekend yet?
    3F746520-C9C0-4EA5-B19B-44470953985D.jpeg
    1C37768B-4935-4071-B62B-F7ACA9C4FF6B.jpeg

I was going to go out at first light this morning but when my alarm went off, I decided that catching more Z’s seemed better than catching bass.

3. Banned
    Hit up Blackhawk for a few hours yesterday morning. Water temp was 49-50, SUPER WINDY limiting me primarily to Town Cove and the bridge. Caught 4 bass with 3 of them being around the 3lb mark. Jig and chatterbait on rock with deeper water nearby. Lots of crappie being caught off the rocks in town cove by bank fishermen

4. Member
    Thanks for posting a report liljakec. I wondered if I should still try a chatter bait these last few times out but I didn’t. The wind has been terrible the last few weekends I would rather fish in the rain LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Thanks for posting a report liljakec. I wondered if I should still try a chatter bait these last few times out but I didn’t. The wind has been terrible the last few weekends I would rather fish in the rain LOL.
    I caught 9 last Wednesday and every single one of them was on a white chatterbait.

Went out to Prairie Queen last Wednesday and got blanked. Never got a bump. Tried jerk baits, see sawed a trap, ned rig. I could see em in 10-24 FOW but ..Nada

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro-T View Post
    Went out to Prairie Queen last Wednesday and got blanked. Never got a bump. Tried jerk baits, see sawed a trap, ned rig. I could see em in 10-24 FOW but ..Nada
    Thanks for reporting. It is getting hard to get a bite. I guess it’s that time of year. So is anybody going out this weekend? Weather doesn’t look to cold, supposed to be overcast and ssw wind 10/15mph. I wonder if a spinner bait really slow might get a bite? I’m thinking I’ll give it a try, than find some rocks and drag a jig too.

8. Member
    I won’t go out to long if I don’t get and action. I really enjoyed last weekend on the couch watching football Saturday!! Man there was some good games.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Thanks for reporting. It is getting hard to get a bite. I guess it’s that time of year. So is anybody going out this weekend? Weather doesn’t look to cold, supposed to be overcast and ssw wind 10/15mph. I wonder if a spinner bait really slow might get a bite? I’m thinking I’ll give it a try, than find some rocks and drag a jig too.
    With the current conditions a jerkbait, jig, and ned rig are damn near all you need. If you get a warm day and water temps are above 45 slow roll a chatterbait or dt6 around rock.

I'll be out duck/goose hunting this weekend. Lots of new birds came down with the front yesterday

Our rifle season starts Saturday. So I won’t be in the deer woods for a few weeks. I think I might try some fishing this weekend instead.

Quote Originally Posted by liljakec View Post

I'll be out duck/goose hunting this weekend. Lots of new birds came down with the front yesterday
    We need to get together and go blast some birds. Then again, I need to get a gun too.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    We need to get together and go blast some birds. Then again, I need to get a gun too.
    I'm down for that Steve! Haven't hunted back around CB since I moved.

Quote Originally Posted by liljakec View Post
    I'm down for that Steve! Haven't hunted back around CB since I moved.
    When you find some time, give me a call. Maybe we can set something up.