Old School Outboard -- Overhauled Enough to Run

Killed 2 hours on a Sat Morning Watching These. Thought Don and other's may appreciate. Sorry if "off topic." Amazing how far we have come. Oh, and sorry, no S/N available (, JK Don, I know why you always ask...)

Last edited by MichaelJ3; 11-07-2020 at 08:15 AM.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Brings back some memories for sure.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Oldest motor I had was a 12 H.P. Buccaneer made by OMC. I do not know what year it was but had to be old. It had the fuel tank built into the cowl. Tiller steer with direct drive with no neutral or reverse. The throttle was a lever on the front of engine that slid from one side to the other to increase or decrease speed. Worst thing was it would only fire up at 2/3 rd to 3/4 th throttle. Can you imagine standing up facing the stern of a wooden rental boat while pulling the rope recoil starter and hanging on when it fired. You best have it pointed in a safe direction when it cranked cause that baby was taking off. Paid $60 for it in 1965 or 66. Hauled it to fishing camp in the trunk of my car.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support