Lake Anna is humbling

I went to Anna Wednesday and caught some nice stripers up to 6 lbs so I decided to go again today. Was fishing by 6:15 this morning and searched for
    stripers for two hours before I even found baitfish. Could not even get a bite. So, I went Bass fishing for a couple of hours and caught a few small ones.
    I guess that's why it's called "fishing" not "catching. Still a nice day out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Sorry about the sideways picture. I don't know what happened. That was this morning on Anna.

3. Member
    Awesome picture! That’s why it’s not always about the fish. Very few get to experience sunrise on the water. Anna’s a fickle little B.... I was out this past Sunday afternoon, got 3 short hybrids was good just to feel the tug. It had been too long since I’d been out. Glad you got a few!
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator 2013 Yamaha 150hp HPDI Vmax

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Phenomenal weekend. If you want to rake leaves. I fished about three hours both Saturday and today on SML and caught two small fish off a dock right before dark yesterday and not even a sniff today. I've had a good year in 2020 but the past three weeks have just been awful, I have absolutely no idea what the bass want nor where they are. Stripers? Every morning when I wake up at 5-6 am there is at least one striper boat (often 2-3) sitting outside my house so tomorrow morning I am going to go out and join them, maybe I can catch some dinner.

5. Member
    It was the Dead Sea for me today!! Lost the only two bass I had hooked. Didn’t find any active striper which was what I was hoping for. Still better than staying home!
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator 2013 Yamaha 150hp HPDI Vmax

6. Member
    I'm going to try again this morning. Look out Anna!

Update, I was on the water at 5 am today and there was zero striper activity. Sunday morning I'm sitting in my deer stand (pretty close to the water) and I can hear the splashing, tons of activity. Today? Nothing but crickets, the water was just dead. After an hour I gave up and came in to start the work day. Now I'm just sleepy and in need of lots of coffee.

8. Member
    the amount of boat traffic on Anna this weekend was absolutely absurd....it really needs to get fall/early winter weather ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    the amount of boat traffic on Anna this weekend was absolutely absurd....it really needs to get fall/early winter weather ASAP
    It was the same on SML, Saturday in particular was a joke. Cold weather can't come soon enough.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Update, I was on the water at 5 am today and there was zero striper activity. Sunday morning I'm sitting in my deer stand (pretty close to the water) and I can hear the splashing, tons of activity. Today? Nothing but crickets, the water was just dead. After an hour I gave up and came in to start the work day. Now I'm just sleepy and in need of lots of coffee.
    I was there at 6 out of Anna Point Marina. Tried a couple of spots, nothing happening. Went down to Dike 3 and ran into a pea soup fog bank coming across the lake from the warm side. I had to idle across the lake to the dikes. Thank goodness for GPS. Got into a small school of small wipers. That was about all.

And this afternoon someone on went by on skis That is just wrong in November.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    And this afternoon someone on went by on skis That is just wrong in November.
    I see you have Newboro Lake in Ontario as one of your location. I've been going to Upper Rideau for the past 35 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennyg View Post
    I see you have Newboro Lake in Ontario as one of your location. I've been going to Upper Rideau for the past 35 years.
    We love it up there in the summer and are hoping we can cross the border next summer. The cabin must be feeling very lonely.

14. Member
    Yeah, it seems strange not being there and catching smallies and pike.