Thread: Surging

Surging

Had a complete service done on my engine including water pump and impeller, motor has 64hrs on it. Motor is 2017 pro XS 115 4s. Noticed when i took it out for the first time after service the motor now surges while idling out in gear, nothing to much but noticeable never did this before. wondering why and do i need to worry about it. Serial #2B397706.

2. Member
    Could be low battery voltage. Seems like I remember reading if the motor senses low voltage during idle it will increase rpm to provide more charge with the alternator.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Was the fuel filter replaced?

Water pump should not (directly) have anything to do with the complaint. Perhaps a fuel supply problem, though (did this get better as you continued to run or remain about the same)?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor