New Guy in San Antonio, Texas

Good Evening,

I've been on BBC for years (nearly all of it lurking) but thought I should introduce myself. My name is Joe Kimbrough, I'm 41 y/o and just moved to San Antonio after spending a year in the Middle East. Prior to that I served four years away from my wife and kiddos as well. All told, it's been five years since I've lived at home and I gotta say it feels damn good to be home...hopefully forever. I've been in the Air Force for 21 years and live on Lackland AFB. I have a wife of 16 years and a 21 y/o son Jake who is also in the Air Force, stationed in Germany...lucky bastard, and a 14 y/o daughter Cassidy. I'm originally from California, don't hold it against me, but am extremely happy to live in Texas now. I have a lot of family in Texas and a lot of my family is from Texas but they're all up in the DFW, McKinney, Tyler and White House areas. I've been bass fishing all of my life and am pretty serious about it. Two years ago I fished the B.A.S.S. Team Trail in Nevada and my partner and I did pretty decent. I look forward to trying to figure Texas out as soon as possible. I sold my boat five years ago and will be looking for one soon but I'll be beating the banks for the short term. I also want to get into kayak fishing soon as well but trying to find a quality kayak right now is pretty tough. Hopefully soon, despite COVID, I can join a local B.A.S.S. club and meet some other fishermen, maybe some of you. I don't know anyone here that fishes yet so if you're looking for a partner or would like a second person to hit the water with I'm always open. I understand the ethics; I'll throw in money for gas and help you clean the boat. I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you in person soon and hopefully fishing with you.

Respectfully,
    Joe
    Last edited by Kimbro1014; 11-05-2020 at 07:41 PM.

2. Banned
    Hi Joe, welcome to San Antonio, I live just up the road in Boerne. Thanks for serving

3. Member
    Hi Joe I am in Schertz. I dont have a bassrig persay anymore but I do have a 20' fish n ski for freshwater, a triumph for offshore and 2 hobies. Kinda fish it all dont hesitate to hit me up.

4. Member
    Thank you, it's my pleasure!

Welcome Joe, glad to have you in the group. Air Force Vietnam Vet here! Thanks for your service.