Wet Storage Compartments

The storage compartments on my 175TXW are far from dry storage. A heavy rain can overflow the compartment lips into the compartments. On my first real trip the boat caught a ton of rain from the weather ahead of Hurricane Zeta which flooded the interior. When I got home, Zeta arrived and it got flooded again. Two weeks later I am still trying to get the compartments to dry out. Each day I put an industrial type high volume fan on a different compartment for the entire day and leave all the lids open in the sunshine. It just will not get completely dry inside the compartments and under the seats. I raised the trailer tongue as high as it would go to drain the hull.

I’m guessing that the wood decking got saturated and will take a long time to dry. In the meantime, I have a musty smelling, wet boat.

I love the boat except for the design of the compartments and lids. Since they are essentially wood and not sealed against water intrusion, any water in the deck or hull just saturates the wood.

If I can ever get it dry, I’lll put the cover on it. I hope to soon have a covered area in which to store the boat out of the weather.
    2017 Tracker PT175TXW
    75 HP Mercury 4 stroke

2. Member
    Not a lot of stuff you can really do other then cover it and prop open all the compartments so they can get some air in them to dry them out. This is a common problem and I see a ton of posts about this on the Pro Team 175 Owners Group page on FB. It is a regular topic.

3. Member
    I bought two clear plastic totes at walmart that fit in the two biggest compartments almost perfect. The lids keep water out. The only problem was the keyed latch hit the lids so I just removed the locks and replaced them with these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4. Member
    If there is carpet on the bottom take a towel and soak up some water it speeds the drying up. Also I use more than one fan.

5. Member
    I have used a shop vacuum to get mine almost dry.
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

2021 Tracker 195 TXW 150 Merc 4S, Minn Kota Edge TM, Humminbird Fish Finders

6. Banned
    Having the same issue opened a box Friday morning and it was like it was raining in the box. Started pulling all my rods out of the boat and propping up the two box lids. Thinking about using a hole saw and drilling a hole from the box out so it will vent but don't know how big it would need to be.

7. Member
    Why not just prop them open to dry them out and jack up the front of the boat so the water drains to the bilge?

8. Banned
    My issue is with condensation from what I can tell it rains almost daily inside my boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    My issue is with condensation from what I can tell it rains almost daily inside my boxes.
    I battled this for several years with my RT188 and worked through several solutions before arriving at a point I am OK with.
    This link is a good reference to the possible solutions.
    Edit: you have to start out with dry compartments so use fans, vacs etc to get all the compartments dry before installing the vents.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ighlight=Vents

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching