Thread: Caddo

Question Caddo

Thinking about making a trip to Lake Caddo.
    We have never been there, so we are looking on information on boat lanes and safe navigation. Fishing tips would be nice, but a great day fishing can be easily ruined with a hole in the hull.

I have Birds, and Lakemaster chip, but they are one the boat, at Toledo Bend, but I am in Houston, so this is my first stop to see about info until I can get to the boat.

We are familiar with Toledo bend, and how they have boat lanes marked (but some areas they are out of place currently) and was wondering if Caddo has the same.

2. Member
    You run the lanes on one side and that's determined by the arrow. If it's pointing left, run to the left of the marker. Don't veer away from the boat lane very far. The lake is marked well and you should be good if you observe the lanes and marker direction.

3. Member
    Thanks,
    I was able to look at my graphs and lake maps this past weekend and saw that they had the lanes marked too.

4. Member
    Grew up on Caddo and my advice is just don't run to fast until you know where you are going. The lake is marked well but sometimes if your not familiar with the lake it can be a little disorienting looking for the next pole/channel marker. Like said above run on the side of the poles the marker is pointing and don't stray far from the poles and you should be ok. Only use your graphs for a general guideline but use your eyes to find the markers to run the lake. Good luck fishing and try little green break. I've got some friends doing well there.