Thread: avid 18xb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by jason penn View Post
    on avid's instagram someone asked top speed with a 90, and avid replied 47 mph depending on load. i wouldn't think it would go that fast, but i don't know. i get around 38-40 with a 75hp on my pt175tf.
    Being a pad hull, 47 mph with a 90 hp motor is absolutely possible. I owned a Triton V176Mag with a 90 hp Optimax, also a pad hull and only 140 lb. lighter than the Avid. With two anglers I considered 47 mph (GPS) to be expected and when by myself in cooler weather I would routinely hit 50 mph. I even had a 24" Laser II for early season tournaments that I would fish by myself to maximize my top end when I had to travel a long ways to where I expected to fish. I now have the same actual motor on my RT188 and top speed is basically 43 mph on a boat that weighs 250 lbs. more but is not a pad hull. That shows you what difference hull design can make. So yes, 47 mph on the Avid is realistic. Nice looking boat.

2. Member
    Anyone buy one yet ? How do they like it?

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I owned a Triton Mag176 with a 90 and it would go 47 all day with two anglers on board fully loaded so the Avid should do similar. By myself with a light load 50 mph was easy. Pad hull makes a difference, I think that hull weighed 950 lbs.

Oops, didn’t realize I’d already posted on this thread

4. Member
    Over 6 seconds to plane with a 70? No thanks. Would have to have a 90.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12