Shredded tire on my 2021 Tracker 195

So I picked my brand new 2021 Tracker 195 TXW up from BPS a couple of weeks ago. Since it didn't come with a spare I ordered one right away. Heading out Friday with my daughter and SIL and heading up to the station about 20 miles away to get ethanol free gas. On the way home I slowed for a turn and noticed smoke and found it was the trailer tire completely shredded and melting - center tread completely separated from the sidewalls and hanging loose on the rim. Changed the tire and headed to BPS with the flat tire. Hopefully they will take care of me since it only had less than 50 miles on it. Pulling with a F-350 diesel dually crew cab so I didn't notice the flat tire. Does anybody use any kind of tire pressure monitor on their trailers?
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

2021 Tracker 195 TXW 150 Merc 4S, Minn Kota Edge TM, Humminbird Fish Finders

2. Member
    I run a Dill system on my Ranger, but nothing on the Tracker as it's just for the local puddles, while the Ranger does the long hauls.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

3. Member
    If it wasn't just a bad tire, from the factory, I would expect either the wheel locked up or the tire was low on air. If it were myself, I would pull both tires and inspect the hubs and axles. Then I would make sure the tires were properly inflated. Having spent over 10 years towing a travel trailer I've learned, the hard way, to check the tire air pressure before each tow
    whatroads - A pun on the "information super highway"
    Tracker 190 TX
    90 hp Merc
    Fortrex 80 w/ 52" shaft

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whatroads View Post
    If it wasn't just a bad tire, from the factory, I would expect either the wheel locked up or the tire was low on air. If it were myself, I would pull both tires and inspect the hubs and axles. Then I would make sure the tires were properly inflated. Having spent over 10 years towing a travel trailer I've learned, the hard way, to check the tire air pressure before each tow
    checked pressure before I pulled out and was 50.
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

2021 Tracker 195 TXW 150 Merc 4S, Minn Kota Edge TM, Humminbird Fish Finders

5. Member
    Anyone have suggestion for an external air pressure monitor? I see some are super cheap, like $40 for 4 tires and them some are $150 per tire. I want something that works, but not something so expensive it would hurt to be stolen at the ramp