power plug for the ultrex

what can I use to make the power plug go in and out smoothly ,tried a few lube products
    but they seem to dry out and have a had time pulling the plug out in turn almost pulling the cover from the wires .
    seem to get all gunked up and sticky in there.

2. Member
    Don't know your setup but the battery tender plug is the best I seen. I love it.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tav View Post
    what can I use to make the power plug go in and out smoothly ,tried a few lube products
    but they seem to dry out and have a had time pulling the plug out in turn almost pulling the cover from the wires .
    seem to get all gunked up and sticky in there.
    There is a product that is a lubricant and a moisture wicker. It is call Dielectric grease. Use a small amount on the prongs of the male plug. It will make good connection and it will keep moisture out of the power plug.

https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-2205.../dp/B000AL8VD2

4. Member
    I use Anderson Plugs to connect my trolling motors. The dielectric grease mentioned above is what I use. You can go to most of your chain auto parts stores and get a little tear open pouch of this stuff for about a dollar if you want to try it out. It is good for most types of plug connections and even light bulbs. It is not overly messy.

Anyone use this [plug, how does it stayed locked in? Marinco 12VCPS3 | Fisheries Supply
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

6. Member
    Yes, I use th Marinco plug. There's a kind of rubber O'ring the grabs the sides and keeps it in. It works well. No problem in a couple of years. I use for a Humminbird Ultrex 36 volts.