Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    We have a 2020 F350 SRW and a Lance 825, and regularly tow a boat or car trailer. Our Lance gets cozy on longer trips, so we break trips up with some nights in a hotel. We’ve thought about something bigger, but we go places you just can’t get a dually and larger camper. Some tunnels out West only have 8’-0” clearance. On sand or off-roading the SRW works best too.

Honestly, we use ours a lot for day trips. Regardless of whether we’re going to the lake, the river, or beach. We take the “Mobile Command Center” and have our own bathroom, fridge, AC, and a place for for the wife to nap. Works very well.

Truckcampermagazine is a great resource!

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I actually tandem tow. I pull a 25' fifth wheel and a my 20 foot bass boat behind my Dodge 3500 dual axle with a cummins. I didn't want to have to break camp when I wanted to go fishing so this was a perfect option for me. We typically stay in one place for a week or two and then move on to a new location so this works out well. I have done the truck camper and boat too and was okay but we like this option much better.

3. Member
    I used to pull my 23' ocean boat with my '68 Ford Camper Special with a 12' camper. We lived in S CA and went all over the west and Baja for 20 years. I got 9-10 mpg with a 460 engine and had no problem climbing any hills/mountains in the western states. Our 2 kids were raised in our camper at least twice a month and 2 weeks every year. We were much younger then but I think I still could live that way. The new trucks and campers seem, to me, lots better now. BTW I still have the truck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12