Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Trailer manufacturing has been outsourced to 'EZ Trailers' I believe.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

2. Member
    If it is EZ Loader trailers they are made in Midway, Arkansas, not far from Flippin. Their website says they have been in business since 1953. That doesn't mean quality but the website is pretty slick.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

3. Member
    I believe the glass boats are riding on EZ Loader, the tin are now on Tracker made trailers.
    2018 Ranger RT188 Custom Jet
    150/105 Evinrude ETEC Jet

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by javjoe View Post
    Why? Other than the trailer the boat should be the same quality it was.
    Prolly cause there appears to be some unknowns. Rather see how things look once the transition is completed. No knock on anyone.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerman942 View Post
    I believe the glass boats are riding on EZ Loader, the tin are now on Tracker made trailers.
    You are right. The aluminum boat trailers will be made in Ozark, Mo at the Tracker trailer plant. We drive by it every time we go to Branson which is a few times per year. Big place. They will carry a 3 year warranty. The Tracker trailers carry a one year warranty from what I could see which may indicate some upgrades for the Ranger version. Who knows. Not sure if they will have the Road Armor coating like the glass trailers. I had it on a previous Ranger and it held up well. I found the letter on Ranger's website that covers all this but couldn't get the link to work.
    Last edited by jtrac; 11-11-2020 at 08:04 PM.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

6. Member
    Not sure if they will have the Road Armor coating like the glass trailers.
    Yes, jtrac, the Road Armor was on both the 188c and 178c.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    I found the letter on Ranger's website that covers all this but couldn't get the link to work.
    Try this: https://www.rangerboats.com/next-generation.html

Letter also says Tracker made Ranger trailers will continue to have RoadArmour.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

8. Member
    deleted

9. Member
    I have not seen them yet. Could be a good move. More performance while remaining stable on deck.

10. Member
    Pro's Choice Marine got in an RT188P and has very detailed pictures. They are expecting a couple of 198's in the next week or so. One thing of note is there has been a length change. The 188P's were 18' 4" and they are now 18' 10". Same for the 198's, they were 19' 4" and are now 19' 10" for the 2021 MY. Not sure where they put that extra 6 inches but my hope is in the front deck and storage compartments. At almost 20 feet for the 198 I'm glad I opted for the tandem trailer.
    Jim

11. Member
    My take on Ranger Trailers; I ran 300 series Rangers in the 80s,90s when I tournament fished. Ranger had the best trailer on the market at that time. I looked at a Ranger aluminum boats trailer at the ramp and was greatly disappointed. The wires used to run thru conduit, now there was flat washers tack welded in the inside corners of the C-channel to run the wires thru. It was nothing more than a lite duty trailer with fancy wheels.

Could their trailers have been built better?? YES. Mine is a 2013 and still does fine, but I have had some minor troubles like the lights but I changed them to LED and not one light problem since.

I bought the boat and was OK with the trailer but not as impressed as I was with other RangerTrail trailers I owned in the past under the Ranger glass boats I owned previously.

I wish the trailer was heavier duty. It has not caused me a problem, but it could be heavier duty.

Some things I really liked about them were the Ranger Armor coating instead of black paint. I really liked the bearing system. I hated dealing with grease bearing maintenance and had the old style grease bearings on other brand trailers fail on me on the road. The permanent lubed no maintenance bearings have been trouble free. I also liked the channel steel construction as opposed to the hollow conduit that holds water that some manufacturers use.

Everything has pluses and minuses.... And most things could have been built better by some measure..... But so far it has done a decent job and I have towed it thousands and thousands of miles.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

13. Member
    I wish the new Tracker built trailers were not tube but I had one under my Nitro and it was a decent trailer. As long as the tubes drain well I would think any weakness caused by rust would be a long time coming. I did have a few light issues on the Nitro trailer even with them being LED. I'm sure moving the aluminum boat manufacturing to a company owned facility was a cost cutting measure but I'm pretty sure it didn't show up in the retail price. I should have my 198 in a few weeks and I will reserve judgement on the trailer until I have seen it in person.
    Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12