Will I be disappointed gettin a tin bass boat vs a deep-v?

Mostly fish Spinney/11 Mile and Pueblo so I know they can get rough in the afternoon. Been looking at the Ranger RT188P or Vexus AVX 1880 seriously. Both seem to have great features, in my $35-40k price range and most importantly its light enough to tow with my Tacoma.
    A few folks have been telling me to do a deep-v or I will regret it. Said it will be too rough even in moderate wind.

Any input or opinions would be appreciated.

2. Banned
    i do not fish colorado very much but I will tell you, the lakes in NM get pretty windy in the afternoons as well. I fought this idea back and forth for a very long time and wanted to go with a RT198P. Lots and lots of guys told me to get a glass boat because any aluminum would get blown all over the place. I fished out of my duck rig for years before i bought a bass boat and it is night and day difference in the wind. Glass boats just do so much better. If you have to do aluminum, they might be right. Depends on what you are fishing though, I know a deep V would be difficult on some of our lakes, especially with water levels continuing to go down it certainly would be more difficult getting back into some of the arms of lakes. If you do not have to buy new, there are tons of glass boats for sale and I ended up with a z7 nitro for 15k in immaculate condition and only 105 hours on the motor. Total setup only weighs around 3000 towing and I pull it with my f150 and hardly feel it on the back. Not sure what the tow weights are of the two boats you are looking at. Now if you fish deep and you're always in more than 5 feet of water, it may not be a big deal at all to get a deep v. I know a lot of walleye guys here have deep v's and they seem to do better in the wind around here

3. Member
    Thank you for that insight. Makes a lot of sense flashman252.

4. Member
    I spent most of my life in Colorado and can say a deep v is a must on the lakes you will be fishing. That afternoon windstorm generates some big waves and they would easily go over the bow of a flat bottom. I had a Lund Pro V 1900 and got flogged on occasion, never to the point of being unsafe but slow going and wet. It all depends on how you want to fish. Trolling vs. casting is a big difference. I moved to a used glass bass boat and there is no comparison to the Lund in ride quality, speed and fishability. The drawback is weight, especially going up in the hills. Empty weights aren’t bad but it is awfully easy to really load them down. Have you looked on YouTube for guys running those boats? You could get some insight there. I would also put this post in the correct boat forum for folks who have direct experience.
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

5. Member
    It would be more in the $45K range but I just looked at Recon 895 and they are pretty cool. You'd have to get up to MN to see one but it is the best bass/deep v cross boat I've seen.

6. Member
    If I wasnt so upside down in my boat I'd have a small tine with a 50 hp don't need a big boat for anything we have for water
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

7. Member
    If you're looking at bass-style aluminums and want to go to elevenmile and Spinney, look at the Lund 1875 ProV Bass. Has a bass style deck layout, but is built more like a Deep V. Kind of a mix between the two. Should be around that same price with a 175 or 150.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi