1987 396v replacement parts/project

I bought a new to me 1987 396v with a 200hp merc black maxx yesterday. The previous owner was a former pro am fisherman and had a custom deck on the front back in the day. The wood was all rotted out so I had to rip out the deck. Unfortunately this means I have no front seats in front of the console and I have no front compartment lid. I contacted ranger but they are no longer able to supply these parts. The wonderful ranger employee Carey gave me numbers of some places to try to get some of these parts to no success. Does anyone know where I can get parts for such an old ranger? Maybe somebody has spare parts they can sell me. I was wanting to restore the boat with original parts. I am a college student so my budget is no super small but also not super big. If I have to do custom work I will. I’d just rather it be back to the way it was from the factory. Thanks everyone. I also have this thread in The ranger forum to see if I get any hits there
    Last edited by Bryce522; 11-03-2020 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Reposted to ranger forum for more help.

2. Member
    Perhaps some kind soul would loan you his lids and you could pop a mold from them.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motobuffy View Post
    Perhaps some kind soul would loan you his lids and you could pop a mold from them.
    That would absolutely work or perhaps detailed dimensions and I can try and get a shop near me to recreate it