Thread: Cumberland

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cumberland

Any new reports on lake cumberland. Thinking about taking this Friday off to go fish some.

2. Member
    Fished state park area yesterday and it was tough. Had 2 keepers, 1 spot and 1 largemouth. Caught a nice 17" smallie and a handful of other shorts. We tried backs of creeks, secondary points, pockets off the main lake and main lake points and pretty much struck out everywhere. Going back down Thursday-Saturday and hoping for better fishing. The decent fish we caught were on moving baits. Found lots of bait back in creeks but very few fish. Water temp was 62-65 and very clear on main lake and some creeks were stained while others were gin clear. That lake is tough for me on bluebird sky days and this week seems to be all sun and no clouds.

3. Member
    I caught 10 spots /smallies yesterday-no giants but hell of improvement vs. last few weeks so on the up

4. Member
    Thanks. Trying to decide between Laurel lake or Cumberland.

5. Member
    Any reports from yesterday?

6. Member
    I fished the ntba out of the dam Friday and Saturday, practiced Wednesday and Thursday and it was tough. 20lbs won for 2 day tournament, 5 teams had limits both days our of 150. Water temp is 65 most everywhere except way back in the creeks it would be slightly cooler. Good luck if you go, I had 5 keeper fish in 4 days.

7. Member
    We ended up finding some fish Friday and Saturday finesse fishing off points. Had to fish really slow and cover a ton of water to find 4 keepers each day. Had the boat sitting in 70-90 fow and casted up to the point and worked it back slowly.

8. Member
    I fished every minute of daylight on Saturday and daylight to noon on Sunday. One smallmouth was the only bite or fish either of us caught on Saturday. We started a White Oak and worked our way down lake all day fishing the back and mouths of many small and major creeks and branches. Sunday we stayed on lower end and fished Indiana and some main body points on both north and south shore. Not a bite.

9. Member
    Are you guys primarily fishing smallmouth stuff? Or is the largemouth that tough right now too?

10. Member
    I fished everything. I wasn't necessarily targeting a species. Fished a Ned a lot as well as small swimbaits. I think the smallmouth, in general, were feeding on shad near the surface but offshore. And very difficult to target. On Sunday, we did watch a striper guide beach his boat to bottom fish alewives. They boated at least 3 smallmouths on that windy point on the main body. But that is a whole different conversation given he had 10 bottom rigs around a point with lively bait. That's hard to compare to somebody dragging a single artificial bait around the same points. But it does show some fish were on some windy points in 10-30 feet of water. Both Saturday and Sunday were blue skies and east wind. It had all the feelings of a tough day to me. But I know they were bitting somewhere as we found one area. But even that was spotty and random. The best fishing is still to come in the next month and a half.

11. Member
    ^^^ Agreed. Water is not at prime yet, at least from my limited experience. It didn't help having 350 tourney boats on Fri and Sat either.

BassCatKev, I may have seen you down there...is your boat white with a red bolt, and did you fish around Jamestown area? I was in my similar color BC with my wife, she just sits and reads lol.

Mike

12. Member
    Nov 6 7 was 150ish out of Halcomb.

13. Member
    Hammered them yesterday - feel like I just walked out of a 4 week desert - longest toughest streak I’ve had here

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKz View Post
    ^^^ Agreed. Water is not at prime yet, at least from my limited experience. It didn't help having 350 tourney boats on Fri and Sat either.

BassCatKev, I may have seen you down there...is your boat white with a red bolt, and did you fish around Jamestown area? I was in my similar color BC with my wife, she just sits and reads lol.

Mike
    Wasn't me. I did pass by Jamestown/State docks while traveling main body to head from and back to Grider. But fished further up the lake that weekend. I'm a black boat with blue lightning bolt.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    Hammered them yesterday - feel like I just walked out of a 4 week desert - longest toughest streak I’ve had here
    Good for you. We sure haven’t been. Will they bite a kitchen sink because that’s the only thing I can think of that we haven’t throwed ?

Has the lake turned over yet

17. Member
    I’m gonna hit it thurs and fri unless I go to chick- thinking this cold spell will fire up the school but of course I could ve been right place right time Saturday

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Has the lake turned over yet
    It's turning over in places, and has already turned over in some places

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    I’m gonna hit it thurs and fri unless I go to chick- thinking this cold spell will fire up the school but of course I could ve been right place right time Saturday
    id avoid chick like the plague right now. Spent the last week down there and its fishing pretty awful. I cant believe im saying this but id rather go to cumberland. If you decide to go to chick shoot me a pm and ill let ya know what little worked for us. We did lose one over 10 but that was the only decent bite we had all week
    They aint got hands, set the hook

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    I cant believe im saying this but id rather go to cumberland.
    We've talked quite a bit Stephen & I can't believe you're saying that either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast