Vault Hub Question

I’m looking for some info I couldn’t find on the web anywhere. I redid a vault hub per the instructions and everything went well. Drove the new vault cap on and the black plastic cap protruded out like it’s supposed to and everything looks good. I get done and I’m sitting on the couch thinking about it, and I can’t for the life of me remember if I unscrewed the grease fitting out of the end of the spindle before I put the cap on. I can’t find it, so my question is, will it hurt to have left the grease fitting screwed into the end of the spindle, or do I need to knock the cap back off and check it? I was hoping to avoid having to knock it back off because it’s my understanding they are one time use only and I’d have to wait another week or so to get one delivered.

If you leave the zert fitting on, the hybrid oil will not be able to circulate to the rear bearing and back through to the front as designed.
    If it were mine I would check it. Also I lost a cap once because I did not put locktite on it when I reinstalled it.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    Thanks. I put the blue loctite on it, but I’ll knock it back off and check it.

4. Member
    One of my spindles doesnt even have the threaded hole in it but the other 3 do.