Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    "He (Jesus) said to them, 'How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him 'Lord'? For he says, "The Lord said to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet.' If David calls him 'Lord' how can he be David's son?" Matthew 22:43-45

Answer: Jesus was inferior to David, being the great King's human offspring/descendant. Jesus was superior to David in that He was God.

Likewise, Jesus is inferior to the Father as to His humanity. Equal to the Father as to His divinity. Inferior and equal to God (almighty) at the same time. That's not easy to pull off. Beyond our reasoning.

Every time Jesus said, "I am...", He was claiming to be God (not a god, rather the God). That's why the Pharisees tore their clothes. Jesus said, "Before Abraham was born, I am." (John 8)
    Last edited by msethsmile; 11-09-2020 at 04:53 PM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    I'm going to continue to post my "Daily Bible Readings" so I'm not leaving the forum. I'm just getting old and it's hard for me to do as good a job as I think I should.
    I wonder how many of us here are in their mid 60+, so you are in a very good company, with a few exclusions. ( No godsdozer, I am no ribbing you)

3. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    It's going to be whatever you all make of it. I've submitted my(and Misty's) resignation as moderator. I've been doing this for over twenty years and I'm just tired.

Thanks to all those who have participated over the years.

And they said it would never last. :)

Wayne.

Edited to add. Al has accepted my resignation, and no doubt will be looking for someone to take over.

Wayne,

As a rarely vocal but daily 'lurker' here, I want to offer my sincere thanks to you for what you've done with the Faith forum; and also to let you know that your discipleship has, does and will continue to make a difference.

I pray abundant blessings upon you and Misty in whatever the future holds for y'all... God Bless.

Matthew 25:23
    Who controls John Gill?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    So CJ1,
    If Jesus is the first born of the creation, which BTW is what the mormons believe, are you saying that he is related to Lucifer?, who in your mind would now be the second born archangel.

BTW, are you smoking some of that legal oregano when you are making this statements?? Look up the word begotten, and GOD himself said 'This is my begotten Son', and 'This is my beloved Son.'

A bishop in Laodicea named Apollinaris could not believe that the one who is "true God from true God," "begotten not made," could be fully God and fully a little boy. Accordingly he thought Jesus had human flesh and soul, but his mind, the Logos, was divine. Apollinaris the Younger, also known as Apollinaris of Laodicea, (died 382)was a bishop of Laodicea in Syria. He is best known, however, as a noted opponent of Arianism. Apollinaris eagerness to emphasize the deity of Jesus and the unity of his person led him so far as to deny the existence of a rational human soul in Christ's human nature. This view came to be called Apollinarism. He was condemned by the First Council of Constantinople in 381.
    Yep, The Almighty God created Jesus, Col1:15, Rev 1:5, Col 1:18, ect,ect Jesus is the Master worker beside Jehovah, Prov 8:30. Who with Jehovah's guidance created all things including Satan. Col 1:16,17. We will never know Satans true name as the Almighty does not want it known because he is not worthy of a name. Col1:13-20 would be a good read for you as it includes many of the things you are in dispute of. I wont resort to any slurs or name calling. Not appropriate anywhere and Al allows this to exist so it should be kept civil. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

5. Member
    Cajun, Thank you for everything you have done!! CJ

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    Yep, The Almighty God created Jesus, Col1:15, Rev 1:5, Col 1:18, ect,ect Jesus is the Master worker beside Jehovah, Prov 8:30. Who with Jehovah's guidance created all things including Satan. Col 1:16,17. We will never know Satans true name as the Almighty does not want it known because he is not worthy of a name. Col1:13-20 would be a good read for you as it includes many of the things you are in dispute of. I wont resort to any slurs or name calling. Not appropriate anywhere and Al allows this to exist so it should be kept civil. CJ
    CJ,
    Perhaps, along with many other things that the watchtower did not want you to know about, they decided not to carry over Lucifer ( angel of light) over to what you call a bible. Nevertheless, it is clearly spelled out in Isaiah 14; 12, and talked about in Luke 10, and Rev 9., no different than the 7 times the name Jehovah, 'the Lord' in Hebrew, appears in the entire Scriptures.

I suppose the old trick still works, that by keeping the people you wish to control ignorant it clearly make it an easier task, which makes most of the so called theocracies in the muslim world very good at it. But, let us not forget China and North Korea.

BTW CJ, some day when you die, and even if you believe otherwise, you will die finding yourself on bended knee before Christ to confess onto GOD, though way too late, Christ will correct you.

Last edited by LennyB; 04-17-2021 at 06:46 AM. Reason: spelling

8. Member
    Your apology is accepted, but be careful when seasoning with salt and remember what Christ said about salt.
    BTW, don't use too much salt if dealing with HBP.

9. Member
    I would say yes including the Holy Spirit because they all share the same powers at different levels, which would be God the Father being at the top, Jesus the Son in the middle, and Holy Spirit being the 3rd, only from how I see it.

10. Member
    I am no biblical scholar so I try to keep things simple. I look at the trinity using God's word on marriage. Man and woman shall wed and become one. The Trinity is God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit coming into one.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

11. Member
    CJ,
    Perhaps, along with many other things that the watchtower did not want you to know about, they decided not to carry over Lucifer ( angel of light) over to what you call a bible. Nevertheless, it is clearly spelled out in Isaiah 14; 12, and talked about in Luke 10, and Rev 9., no different than the 7 times the name Jehovah, 'the Lord' in Hebrew, appears in the entire Scriptures.

I suppose the old trick still works, that by keeping the people you wish to control ignorant it clearly make it an easier task, which makes most of the so called theocracies in the muslim world very good at it. But, let us not forget China and North Korea.

BTW CJ, some day when you die, and even if you believe otherwise, you will die finding yourself on bended knee before Christ to confess onto GOD, though way too late, Christ will correct you.
    And, like I have said, I will happily change if someone will provide proof from the scriptures with ANY belief. I am always open to discussion as long as whatever I am being told can be backed up by scripture and proven by such. No other publication, Curran, Watchtower ect matters if it cant be proven by scripture. And I will never call names as it is not for me to judge and I do not want to be responsible for putting myself there. And I welcome correction by Jesus. Thanks! CJ

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    I am no biblical scholar so I try to keep things simple. I look at the trinity using God's word on marriage. Man and woman shall wed and become one. The Trinity is God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit coming into one.
    Me too, and I am as about as simple as it gets!! As you said man and woman become one in thoughts and actions when they wed. Just like Jehovah and Jesus. BUT they are still 2 separate people, if not when one would die, both would. we have to see through the smoke screen that Satan or "lucifer" has put out. 2nd Co 11:14 and 15 King James Version to get a good understanding. God is a God of order not confusion, so things about Him and his son would have to make sense or our whole understanding would be negated. A little leven spoils the whole batch. Gal 5:9. CJ

Last edited by LennyB; 04-17-2021 at 06:47 AM.

14. Member
    Hey Lenny,

So that maybe you can get it correct for once, here is the uncorrupted version of John 1: 1-5

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2 The same was in the beginning with God.
    3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
    5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

This is directly from the book the JW used to use prior to 'their own version', the KJV 1611
    Last edited by digthemup; 11-19-2020 at 06:41 PM. Reason: spelling

15. Member
    KJV 1611
    Ҧ And as he sate vpon the mount of Oliues, the Disciples came vnto him priuately, saying, Tell vs, when shall these things be? And what shall be the signe of thy coming,
    and of the end of the world
    ?”

​
    NKJV "
    3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

Dig, you quoted the 1611 version like it has some greater authority. Why have the translators changed the word "world" to "age" ? Is it a conspiracy to alter Gods Word or a correction of translation ? The end of the world has a much different meaning than a end of the age.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    KJV 1611
    Ҧ And as he sate vpon the mount of Oliues, the Disciples came vnto him priuately, saying, Tell vs, when shall these things be? And what shall be the signe of thy coming,
    and of the end of the world
    ?”

​
    NKJV "
    3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

Dig, you quoted the 1611 version like it has some greater authority. Why have the translators changed the word "world" to "age" ? Is it a conspiracy to alter Gods Word or a correction of translation ? The end of the world has a much different meaning than a end of the age.
    Derrell,
    I think even you can figure it out that there is a HUGE difference between ' and the Word was GOD' to what the watchtower changed to ' and the word was a god'.

The end of the word and the end of age is the same interpretation meaning the end of time, hence the end of existence as we know it.
    Time to get back to morning musing, and get stronger coffee, or cafe, or joe, or java. Get it Derrell, still the same!

17. Banned
    To my JW friends, are these statements that you believe?
    What Is The "Gospel" According To The Jehovah's Witnesses?
    In one of the last conversations he had with his disciples before his crucifixion, Jesus said "this gospel (good news) of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a witness to all the nations, and then the end shall come." (Matthew 24:14) But what exactly is this "good news" or "gospel" according to the Jehovah's Witness religious sect? Perhaps it would be best to let them speak for themselves from their own publications:
    "Let the honest-hearted person compare the kind of preaching of the gospel of the Kingdom done by the religious systems of Christendom during all the centuries with that done by Jehovah's Witnesses since the end of World War I in 1918. They are not one and the same kind. That of Jehovah's Witnesses is really "gospel," or "good news," as of God's heavenly kingdom that was established by the enthronement of his Son Jesus Christ at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914." (1)
    According to Jehovah's Witnesses, then, the "gospel" is the message of the invisible enthronement (sometimes called the "invisible presence") of Christ in the year 1914. The Watchtower asserts that Jesus began to reign over his Kingdom that year and cast Satan and his angels down into the Earth. Satan, in a rage, caused the outbreak of World War I. The outbreak of World War I (along with the increased frequency of wars, diseases, and earthquakes that have occurred in the world since the year 1914) is, according to the Jehovah's Witnesses, infallible proof that the year 1914 marks the beginning of Christ's invisible reign. (Luke 21:28.)
    One day soon, the battle of Armageddon will take place. All who refuse to embrace the doctrines of the Jehovah's Witness sect will be utterly annihilated, and the Kingdom of God will be fully established on a restored Paradise Earth. Jesus, as Jehovah's authorized representative, will continue to reign invisibly from heaven over this restored Earthly Paradise throughout all eternity. He will reign through his Visible Organization, the worldwide organization of Jehovah's Witnesses. All who wish to serve God and his son Jesus Christ must submit to the authority of God's chosen earthly representatives, the leaders of the Jehovah's Witness sect (an elite group of men known as "the Governing Body"). This is "Jehovah's Arrangement" for all mankind.

18. Banned
    More from JW:
    Russell's "Bible Teachings" About 1914 And Other "End-Time" Dates
    Charles T. Russell, creator of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and founder of the Jehovah's Witness religious sect, was a prolific writer whose religious speculations extended to a fascination with Bible prophecy. This attention he gave to Bible prophecy was drawn directly from his initial involvement with Second Adventist preachers (2). In keeping with this Adventist influence, Russell's writings began to focuse extensively on his views of Bible prophecy and how it related to the gospel. He believed the following things about 1914 and other important prophetic dates (note: all references in this section, unless otherwise noted, are from the Jehovah's Witnesses own literature, published by the Watchtower Society):

1. The "invisible presence" of Jesus Christ began in the year 1874.
    2. The year 1874 marks the end of 6000 years of man's existence on earth.
    3. In 1878 (three and one half years after 1874) Jesus began to reign over his kingdom.
    4. The year 1881 marks the last opportunity to be part of the "elect class" of 144,000 "anointed" Christians. (this "class" of 144,000 is also called the "faithful and discreet slave class" in Watchtower literature.)
    5. All who become Christians after that date will be part of the "great crowd" of believers. (Note: in the Jehovah's Witness sect, the "great crowd" is an inferior class of Christian, subordinate to the elect class of "anointed" believers.)
    6. A great time of trouble in the world will begin around the year 1910, culminating in the battle of Armageddon in the year 1914. According to Russell, it was "an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world, and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God, will be accomplished at the end of A. D. 1914."

19. Member
    Derrell,
    I think even you can figure it out that there is a HUGE difference between ' and the Word was GOD' to what the watchtower changed to ' and the word was a god'.

The end of the word and the end of age is the same interpretation meaning the end of time, hence the end of existence as we know it.
    Time to get back to morning musing, and get stronger coffee, or cafe, or joe, or java. Get it Derrell, still the same!

Good morning Dig,

Yes I get it, and if you will look over the Greek lexicons closely I think you might "get it" more clearly.

It will help the readers to understand there are two Greek words for "time" and they are "Chronos" and "Kairos". All Greek lexicons will show they are not the same in any form or fashion.

Chronos is quantitative or perhaps an amount of time or something that is measured. Like a clock. For example our time "chronos" on earth is so brief.

Kairos is qualitative or perhaps the opportune time for something to occur. For example I am here on a fishing board sharing the good news of the Gospel because it is a time "Kairos" of opportunity.

Those two Greek words are used over a 100 times in the new testament and certainly do not mean what you suggest they mean. It is a simple task to look them up and see for yourself.

You and some others keep referring to the end of the "world"....................."Kosmos" or "Aion" ? If you take the time and look up where in the N.T. these two words are used and HOW they are used it will show you they are NOT STILL THE SAME as you have stated.

Back to morning musings :)

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    More from JW:
    Russell's "Bible Teachings" About 1914 And Other "End-Time" Dates
    Charles T. Russell, creator of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and founder of the Jehovah's Witness religious sect, was a prolific writer whose religious speculations extended to a fascination with Bible prophecy. This attention he gave to Bible prophecy was drawn directly from his initial involvement with Second Adventist preachers (2). In keeping with this Adventist influence, Russell's writings began to focuse extensively on his views of Bible prophecy and how it related to the gospel. He believed the following things about 1914 and other important prophetic dates (note: all references in this section, unless otherwise noted, are from the Jehovah's Witnesses own literature, published by the Watchtower Society):

1. The "invisible presence" of Jesus Christ began in the year 1874.
    2. The year 1874 marks the end of 6000 years of man's existence on earth.
    3. In 1878 (three and one half years after 1874) Jesus began to reign over his kingdom.
    4. The year 1881 marks the last opportunity to be part of the "elect class" of 144,000 "anointed" Christians. (this "class" of 144,000 is also called the "faithful and discreet slave class" in Watchtower literature.)
    5. All who become Christians after that date will be part of the "great crowd" of believers. (Note: in the Jehovah's Witness sect, the "great crowd" is an inferior class of Christian, subordinate to the elect class of "anointed" believers.)
    6. A great time of trouble in the world will begin around the year 1910, culminating in the battle of Armageddon in the year 1914. According to Russell, it was "an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world, and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God, will be accomplished at the end of A. D. 1914."
    And to think people are still following that mess.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast