11-2-2020 binder report.

So I guess if you try and go to work with a head cold they think you might have c-19 LOL. I told them I was fine and if I go home I’m going fishing. Well they sent me home and I went fishing. Got on the water at 10am, it was a slow day! I could get bites if I ran the dam with a crank bait and that was it. I did get one small bass off a brush pile with a jig. I could see big bait school’s blue gills I’m assuming. Tried to fish around them hoping some bass would be close but no luck. Wt was 44/45* water wasn’t very clean about 8” visibility.

Well I was going to say maybe try a jerkbait but I’ll just keep that comment to myself with that poor of water clarity.

3. Member
    Right, I did try one just for fun but never got a bite. I have had luck with a jerkbait at this lake but not yesterday.

Hit Carter Lake yesterday, WT For 44.6°, water clarity sucked.

No jerk bait bite, no jig bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Hit Carter Lake yesterday, WT For 44.6°, water clarity sucked.

No jerk bait bite, no jig bite.
    Did you catch anything at all? Carter has been really bad for me this year with just the few times I’ve been but it’s always been bad to me in the fall.

6. Member
    I’ve been to carter one time last fall and only caught one white bass or Or whatever they’re called. Lol. There must be a ton of carp in there to right? I wonder about going under the road and fishing the docks on the west side of the lake?

Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    I’ve been to carter one time last fall and only caught one white bass or Or whatever they’re called. Lol. There must be a ton of carp in there to right? I wonder about going under the road and fishing the docks on the west side of the lake?
    There isn’t any road to go under at Carter. I also am unaware of any white bass or similar kind of fish but it’s possible they are in there.

There definitely are a ton of carp in there though.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    There isn’t any road to go under at Carter. I also am unaware of any white bass or similar kind of fish but it’s possible they are in there.

There definitely are a ton of carp in there though.
    I'm with steveo^^^

9. Member
    I’m sorry you guys,you are right I’m thinking lake Manawa. I have never been to carter lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    I’m sorry you guys,you are right I’m thinking lake Manawa. I have never been to carter lake.
    Ah! Now I know what you’re talking about. I’ve only been to Manawa twice. The second time was just to catch crappie.

Steve, nope we zeroed. Talked to a couple other guys, they hadn’t had any luck. When we hit the ramp, there were no other fishing boats. Just a Flat bottom that pulled out ahead of us. Guess he wanted a few last passes, or to burn some gas out. We guessed he was a hair over 80 mph when he was airing it out. We watched him run it from the ski club down to the old Marina.
    Last edited by Bassman Ia.; 11-06-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Steve, nope we zeroed. Talked to a couple other guys, they hadn’t had any luck. When we hit the ramp, there were no other fishing boats. Just a Flat bottom that pulled out ahead of us. Guess he wanted a few last passes, or to burn some gas out. We guessed he was a hair over 80 mph when he was airing it out. We watched him run it from the ski club down to the old Marina.
    I didn’t go to Carter but just a few times this year and I don’t think I’ve been there at all since June or July. Even so, it’s only ever been good to me in the spring after warm, stable weather or in the dead of the summer. It’s like I can only have two types of days when I go there.

I can either have a 20 pound day or I can struggle to just get a bite. Never anything in between.

13. Member
    Lake Manawa does have bass ask bassman
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1051179

14. Member
    Miliken has made a few videos at manawa in the spring and he had done well.