Thread: Triton survival

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Triton survival

I have herd a rumor that JM is considering stopping building Triton boats. Surely this can't be true. However, he has already stopped Ranger from building their own trailers, and he shut down a
    large beautiful Cabela's store, less than two years old, here in Bristol Va.

2. Member
    the guy is a business man in it to make a profit if it doesnt make a profit things change by looking at the numbers of tritons sold i wouldnt be too worried about it most of these rumors are started by folks that dont know anything about the boat building business like its said information on the net is worth what you pay for it nothing.

3. Member
    Triton shutting down. Hummm, where have I heard that before.

4. Member
    for a company that so many are hopeful it will close according to registered boats sold triton sold twice as many as bass cat

5. Member
    It’s still a popular brand. If the rumors are just that; rumors, WRMG should put out a statement. Their silence is deafening and I’m sure it’s turning some away who’d otherwise buy a Triton.
    I love my 2012 hull.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebrownfnr View Post
    It’s still a popular brand. If the rumors are just that; rumors, WRMG should put out a statement. Their silence is deafening and I’m sure it’s turning some away who’d otherwise buy a Triton.
    I love my 2012 hull.
    TOTALLY agree with this... they need to speak up and assure buyers.

7. Member
    they dont have to if they did the haters would just say they are doing it to sell boats.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrownfnr View Post
    If the rumors are just that; rumors, WRMG should put out a statement. Their silence is deafening and I’m sure it’s turning some away who’d otherwise buy a Triton.
    Most definitely turning people away. It’s a shame that some of the people on here running their mouths about Triton going out of business will hurt sales. Who wants to buy a new boat “if” they go out of business?

9. Member
    Just look at all the old triton dealers that have sold them for years. Most don’t have them anymore and have brought on caymas. A huge triton dealer near me no longer carries them. Just a matter of time.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Canman_83 View Post
    Just look at all the old triton dealers that have sold them for years. Most don’t have them anymore and have brought on caymas. A huge triton dealer near me no longer carries them. Just a matter of time.
    This is true, however you are seeing new dealers pick up Triton. Most dealers here in Alabama that have picked up Triton have been longtime Ranger dealers which makes sense. The old Triton dealers picking up Caymas is obviously because of their relationship with Earl Bentz.
    2014 Triton 21TRX w/ 250 Pro XS.

This must the most boring PITA rumour in the boating industry. Keep flogging it day in day out, just give it a bloody rest for a while and find something new to play with. Everything will happen eventually, I’ve been actively hearing this for over 3 years now, yes maybe the day will come, you never know maybe one day another brand will appear as well, please just give it up!
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

12. Member
    Well,, WWMG shuts down Triton,, we can always “go to the man” that built our rigs... I’m sure Caymas would love the business.
    ’13 21 HP, 250 ProXS, 10” Atlas, twin Power Poles, 25p Croxtonized Tempest, 2 1/2 PTP, 1/2 tank fuel, driver, all gear, empty wells, 74.7 in 102 deg heat.

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    TOTALLY agree with this... they need to speak up and assure buyers.
    They "assured" us Legend & Stratos were going to be fine too....

With that being said, Triton isn't going anywhere

14. Member
    John N. Will make a lot of changes that the reason I would hold up maybe on buying a new boat right now .
    Last edited by log hopper; 11-07-2020 at 09:14 PM.

15. Member
    When Earl Betts sold Triton . I should have not bought a new TR19 the boats have issues 2017 Triton .

16. Member
    Triton poor workmanship .

Quote Originally Posted by log hopper View Post
    When Earl Betts sold Triton . I should have not bought a new TR19 the boats have issues 2017 Triton .
    What are the issues?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by log hopper View Post
    Was that a new left over TR19 from 2002 or something?

19. Member
    This was a brand new boat 56000 thousand dollars just for boat and motor first time I put boat in lake it leaked took back to dealer in Athens the Boat house they would not fix leak said it is normal . Triton wont make the dealer fix the leak !!! I cant even get in touch with Triton no email or phone number . My cell is 256 590 9707 my name is Doug could someone that has a contact at Triton give them my cell number . I really dont think they will call . The dealer said Triton says it is normal to have a leak that is the reason they put 2 bilge pumps in boat .
    Wait Stop the presses Triton has a new customer service I called them again about the leak in new boat . I was impressed the way the lady handle it . She set me up a appointment with Ducket marine to repair leak and running lights She even conected me and when she called she told them to repair boat under warrenty of course so they will call me at the end of November to bring to scottsboro . Service manager said they were backed up about 10 days . So I feel certain they will handle this they could not have been nicer ! If anyone buys a new boat or even a used boat before you give them your money put the boat in the water for a hour . Take out of lake and pull the drain plug if water runs out and its not raining or you had to back splash boat has a leak .
    Last edited by log hopper; 11-17-2020 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Triton Customer Service

20. Member
    Mine doesn’t leak

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast