Thread: Triton survival

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Did you hop logs with your new boat?

Wtf? This rumor again. It comes out every other month. Only Johnny Morris knows...

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    I just saw that Pros Choice Marine is bring in Triton for 2021 so I don't think they are going anywhere. They also sell Ranger and Nitro so it makes sense.
    It gets old after awhile , if someone doesn't like Triton, don't buy one or sell the one you have. I value my time on the water too much to tolerate any boat that gives me grief or cry about it on the internet.
    I will say I my case, My Triton has been Flawless. It's easily as good as my Champion and pre WRM Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by log hopper View Post
    This was a brand new boat 56000 thousand dollars just for boat and motor first time I put boat in lake it leaked took back to dealer in Athens the Boat house they would not fix leak said it is normal . Triton wont make the dealer fix the leak !!! I cant even get in touch with Triton no email or phone number . My cell is 256 590 9707 my name is Doug could someone that has a contact at Triton give them my cell number . I really dont think they will call . The dealer said Triton says it is normal to have a leak that is the reason they put 2 bilge pumps in boat .
    At home, fill up your livewells with water. Open the bilge and look for the leak. If none, turn on your recirc, check for a leak. If none it most likely the livewell fill line. 99% of the time it is a loose or cracked line. It is an easy fix. Don’t get wrapped up emotionally. Fix the problem yourself. I know it shouldn’t be that way but you have two choices...Bitch or Fish.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    Honestly, I think just this rumor will cause enough of a downturn that it could effect the brand. Imagine all the guys that will go to another brand just because they dont want the chance of being stuck if they do quit making them.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Honestly, I think just this rumor will cause enough of a downturn that it could effect the brand. Imagine all the guys that will go to another brand just because they dont want the chance of being stuck if they do quit making them.
    yes, hard to understand how bad of a life a person must be living that spreading fake and unfounded rumors float their boat. Pretty sad, almost sorry for them. My last two Tritons have been great boats, I really like mine. Can’t figure out why that bothers some people. Different boats for different folks.... all good. There is not a boat manufacturer anywhere that will be around forever.

7. Banned
    I think it's logical for people to be a bit apprehensive about purchasing a new Triton given the history JM has of closing shop on brands he's purchased. No one knows for sure, and it's not like the company is making any statements to quell the rumors.

8. Member
    the boat companies that were shut down didnt have enough retail sales to support them one of the companies that was shut down half their boats were team boats which means not much profit as far as making statements when wmr is ready for the massses to know they will make a statement.

9. Member
    Where are the rumors other than here on BBC? No offense but I dont think I have ever heard in person someone concerned about Triton closing doors. Every other month a thread pops up about a person who knows something.... Possible Triton doesnt issue a statement because they arent aware of any rumors. I mean if I was not on BBC and buying a boat, wouldnt I have any concerns about Triton.
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 11-16-2020 at 04:31 PM.

10. Member
    Would not bother me if they did. Triton has been going downhill in quality for some time now.
    I have a 2005 and will repair anything on it. These 2004-2006 are considered the best built and fastest hulls.
    IF I were to buy another boat it would be the company that Earl Bentz started.. Caymas.
    Last edited by Parsticks; 11-17-2020 at 05:54 AM.
    Jim

The Bass Pro Shops in Independence, MO (Kansas City) just added Triton to their boat sales. I would not think that Johnny would do that if there were any plans in the near future to stop building that line.
    I'm considering buying one as well. Great looking and well built boats.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsticks View Post
    Would not bother me if they did. Triton has been going downhill in quality for some time now.
    I have a 2005 and will repair anything on it. These 2--4-2006 are considered the best built and fastest hulls.
    IF I were to buy another boat it would be the company that Earl Bentz started.. Caymas.
    My 2015 has been a rock since the day I bought it. Have no complaints

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    My 2015 has been a rock since the day I bought it. Have no complaints
    same with my 2019, and there’s a a lot of other people that will say the same thing...just have a bunch of Debbie Downers out there with nothing better to do. That’s just what they do.... Triton has and still does make a great boat.

14. Member
    My two Tritons have been great and I have no complaints. In regard to the brand the only thing I see is some dealerships that were selling or want to sell competing brands not under WRMG either got dropped or had decide on their own to make a change. I also think that you will see more Tritons offered through BPS and maybe some dealers didn’t want to compete with that. It’s all just speculation.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    same with my 2019, and there’s a a lot of other people that will say the same thing...just have a bunch of Debbie Downers out there with nothing better to do. That’s just what they do.... Triton has and still does make a great boat.
    What he said! My 2020 21trx is honestly the best built Triton I have owned to date and I have had a lot of them over the years.
    2014 Triton 21TRX w/ 250 Pro XS.

16. Member
    Triton has done a upgrade on thier service department I have a leak and running lights went out . Triton called and set up appointment at dealer to have repair done uder warranty . I was very impressed the lady even conected me stright to the dealer .

17. Member
    Long Live the Triton!

18. Member
    My new 2017 Triton 18TRX leaked like crazy. Dealer tried to fix it on multiple occasions (or so they say). I had video footage of water running down the inside of the transom; sent it back to the factory, and they sealed a 1/2" gap above the live-well (so they basically did nothing). I contacted Triton's customer service through email and phone multiple times. They assured me someone would call me back (that never happened). I had to file complaints with the BBB and WI Consumer Protection Agency before they took the situation seriously. It's currently at another dealer to get resolved (hopefully).

There were other issues with the boat and the Mercury. My first new boat experience was not positive and my original dealer was, well,,,,something else - https://www.bbb.org/us/wi/lomira/pro...625/complaints

Other boat issues:
    - Axle failed at season 3
    - Driver seat stitching failed just outside of warranty
    - Took my original dealer 4 seasons to determine that the engine had a bad computer (nothing but excuses from them along the way)
    - Console shroud failed in the first 6 months
    - There's more, but I've said enough

Sounds like the older Tritons were/are awesome boats though!
    Last edited by ShaneH; 11-19-2020 at 02:00 PM.

19. Member
    Interesting 1st post, thanks for searching out the thread and sharing your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneH View Post
    My new 2017 Triton 18TRX leaked like crazy. Dealer tried to fix it on multiple occasions (or so they say). I had video footage of water running down the inside of the transom; sent it back to the factory, and they sealed a 1/2" gap above the live-well (so they basically did nothing). I contacted Triton's customer service through email and phone multiple times. They assured me someone would call me back (that never happened). I had to file complaints with the BBB and WI Consumer Protection Agency before they took the situation seriously. It's currently at another dealer to get resolved (hopefully).

There were other issues with the boat and the Mercury. My first new boat experience was not positive and my original dealer was, well,,,,something else - https://www.bbb.org/us/wi/lomira/pro...625/complaints

Other boat issues:
    - Axle failed at season 3
    - Driver seat stitching failed just outside of warranty
    - Took my original dealer 4 seasons to determine that the engine had a bad computer (nothing but excuses from them along the way)
    - Console shroud failed in the first 6 months
    - There's more, but I've said enough

Sounds like the older Tritons were/are awesome boats though!

I have just recently purchased a 2020 21TRX Elite and find that the fit and finish are on par for what a person should expect with a new boat purchase. I did have some minor electronics problems that has nothing to do with the boat brand and I have had Spectacular support from the dealer to get it resolved.
    I believe that no matter what brand you buy I don't care if its a Ranger, Triton, Skeeter or Bass Cat that eventually there can and will be a problem with any brand new boat and it will be the Dealer not the manufacture that makes the difference in getting you taken care of properly. I have bought several boats from this dealership, I was confident that they would make the deal right if anything was to happen and is the reason I chose them again. Anglers Choice in Martinsville has done a spectacular job for me in the past with boat purchases as well as this most recent purchase and would recommend them to anyone. I believe anyone on the staff at this dealership would give the same spectacular service I have to say that this time I worked with Brian Randy and Skylor and could not be any more satisfied with the service that I received from them.

Mike Beachy 2020 TRX 21 250 Pro XS 4S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast