Going back to basics

Have not drug a worm in a long time. Drop shotted a lot, and spent a ton of time learning new techniques. Breaking out the ol monsters and bull worms. You guys ever throw these on shaky heads, or just straight Texas rig? Prefer flouro or braid?

2. Dogfish_Jones
    I love fishing with the Ole monster worms. I fish neither flouro or braid, I have always liked and found Mono to be the best for me.

3. Member
    In Florida I would/did fish rubber worms weightless or a small splitshot about a foot above the hook. I never did that good with a Texas rigged worm.

4. Member
    Light Carolina rig, so about the same as the split shot approach. It worked for about 20 minutes, then the bite died. Glad to add it back to the arsenal!

5. Member
    Texas or Carolina with the lightest weight that allows me to feel the bottom.

6. Member
    Yeah, I just go 3/8 or 1/4. Two bobber stops on either side and slide it up to go to Car rig. Straight Flouro, which I don't love, but it works.

7. Member
    Some great old videos of Roland Martin fishing worms with a big spinning rod. I got one set up now. Get some 1/8 to 1/4 oz sinkers, some basic work hooks, few bags of worms, 12# mono and go fishing!! I would like to get some old school tru turn hooks for worms next year. If you got some deeper hard bottom, a Carolina rig with 1/2oz good.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"