Thread: New to Nitro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New to Nitro

Hello all, I am planning on purchasing a 2021 Z20 pro soon. What options do you guys think are worth adding? If you have any tips for rigging, please post them up. There are a few options on the build page that I am not sure exactly what they are.

All depends on you. Pro comes with alot. I do not remember if it includes a cover.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    I'm going to have a custom cover made. I had one made for my current boat and it has been great.

4. Member
    Does anyone have experience with the air suspension seats and are they any good?
    They also have a cockpit traction pad and a new cockpit mat. Are those two different carpet substitutes for the cockpit area?

5. Member
    Awesome and congrats! I did not purchase a "pro" package and do not know what it comes with, so keep that in mind with my feedback. Here are some upgrades I bought with my 2019 Z19:
    Padded front deck
    Ultrex
    Hot Foot and trim lever
    Automatic Bilge
    Three bank battery charger
    Ratchet transom straps

Rigging advice - IMO, if installed from the factory, have the dealer remove the rod tubes/rigging. You'll be able to fit several more rods and reels in that compartment without it.

Hope this helps and be sure to post a pic when it comes in!
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

6. Member
    Thanks Twise. I am going to request the graphs not be installed, so that I can do my own thing with them. My current boat has the tubes and I agree, you can't fit as many rods in there. I will have to keep that in mind.

7. Banned
    I have the air suspension seats and love them. When you pick it up, air the seats up and sit on them for a few minutes to make sure they don't leak down. Both of mine did, had a leak on the same fitting on both seats.
    Basically you have a mini compressor behind each seat back with air bladders for the bottom and backrest.
    IMO they do a good job rigging the graphs, they used good wire, can't remember the specs but I was surprised when I saw it, was the same stuff I used for a third graph.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Shimanek View Post
    Hello all, I am planning on purchasing a 2021 Z20 pro soon. What options do you guys think are worth adding? If you have any tips for rigging, please post them up. There are a few options on the build page that I am not sure exactly what they are.

I'd add an extra foot and get a Z21.

And the Pro package.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

9. Member
    I also recommend the pro package. Also, if you buy a remote drain plug as part of the purchase I'd bet you can get the dealer to install it for free. Oh, a spare prop and motor cover can also be negotiated. The price of the boat will be pretty much set but those dealer add-on items are negotiable.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

10. Member
    C0mrad, would that be applicable at a BPS or Cabelas?

Id say you get more in a 21 over the 20. Look at the sonars.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

12. Member
    I recommend the pro package also. I would say it doesn't hurt to ask them. Each dealer is different. I asked that just the heads unit not to be installed, I wanted all the wires ran and the only thing that would need done is for me to figure out what mounts I wanted to put on my units and here they didn't do any of it. At least that is what my dealer told me anyhow. I did that because I didn't want my units to be left on the boat I wanted to be able to take them in my house or hotel room whatever maybe the case. I went with a ram mount up front because I do run with a cover on my boat and i was afraid other mounts would put a hole in the cover. I am still looking for a mount that I could leave my gimble mount on without the unit and still cover without damaging the cover. Never hurts to ask some dealers care about making the customer happy.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

13. Member
    I got the pro package as well, and added quite a few options.

Second console - spendy but great for the glovebox and helps with cover drainage in the rain
    Stereo - Kind of nice, but generally listen through headphones if I'm fishing solo and want to be able to hear while its running.
    TH marine lights - really cool looking, only been out night fishing a few times but you can dim them way down which is nice
    Hydraulic jackplate - even though I don't run super shallow its nice for fine tuning depending on conditions
    Blinker trim and jackplate - must for rough water
    Compartment fans - well worth it in my rainy climate
    Drivers cleat - must add at only $55
    Cover - spendy but really well made. Super tight fit when brand new but perfect after a few months of use

Things I added later
    Remote bilge drain- got sick of hitting my head under the motor. Not sure why it isn't an option when it has remote livewell drains
    Anchor light on talon - nice to not have to get the pole out and easy to add
    Garmin livescope and graph up front - very expensive but fun to play with

Only thing really on the possible wish list is maybe a second helix ten for the console. Not necessary but would be nice to not have to cycle between views so much on my graph. Been pretty happy with my boat, only real issue so far is with the starting battery which was replaced under warranty. Oh and my talons dropped going down the freeway . Best keep your master power switch off when talons can deploy with a flukey bluetooth connection apparently.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

14. Member
    C0mrad, would that be applicable at a BPS or Cabelas?
    Probably not but you never know unless you ask. If you haven't done so already, look around for a local Nitro dealer that is not BPS or Cabelas. The good local dealerships will usually provide better service after the sale, it's worth looking into.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

15. Member
    Comrad - I will do all the servicing, have done it for my current boat and will continue to do it myself.

McJenson - I plan to get the second console, stereo, hydraulic plate, fans, but not the cleat. I will also install a remote drain plug.

Does anyone run dual graphs at the bow or console? I am curious if two 10's at the bow and console would be good enough of if the 12's are that much better? I am worried about the space that the 12's would take up.

16. Member
    If moneys not an issue I would get 12's. When I ordered my boat I ordered it the way I wanted but also needed to keep the price down.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

Just gotta do your homework on your dealer, some BPS's are very good for service. Sounds like you got your options picked out.

I agree 2 12s can be alot of space, if I was going this route I would have Precision sonar stackable mount for the bow.

Other items to consider:
    1. I would also recommend Gatorbaks on your trailer bunks, added mine and I am impressed, and they look good.
    2. The dexter wetbolts with ez flex equalizer is very nice add on.
    3. Also recommend getting a sheet of the 3m clear vinly to lay down in your splash well where the rigging tube may contact the gel coat.
    Last edited by BMCD; 11-03-2020 at 12:27 PM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Just gotta do your homework on your dealer, some BPS's are very good for service. Sounds like you got your options picked out.

I agree 2 12s can be alot of space, if I was going this route I would have Precision sonar stackable mount for the bow.

Other items to consider:
    1. I would also recommend Gatorbaks on your trailer bunks, added mine and I am impressed, and they look good.
    2. The dexter wetbolts with ez flex equalizer is very nice add on.
    3. Also recommend getting a sheet of the 3m clear vinly to lay down in your splash well where the rigging tube may contact the gel coat.
    BMCD do you know of a bracket that you can keep your gimble mount on and still be able to cover? One that would sit more horizonal than vertical?
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

Not sure If I am reading this correctly....Assume we are talking about the boat cover. If the gimble mount is on the side I would think you might need to modify the cover.

I will also add I went with a 16 instead of (2) 12s at the console, with a precision sonar bracket. Price should be about the same.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

20. Member
    Yes I am talking about the boat cover.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast