Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That is quite possible. Additionally possible is that you have a NMEA-2000 Tank setup in the Tank Settings (that perhaps does not actually exist, as the one tank sender can be wired ONLY to the engine's Fuel Harness, with NO other signal or sender monitoring wires attached to the fuel sender.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    If there is such a setting, I can not find it anywhere.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Have you tried to REMOVE the NMEA-2000 "Fuel Tank" that appears to be setup and containing 99% capacity fuel level? It LOOKS like you have two different fuel tanks set up for the same tank.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Have you tried to REMOVE the NMEA-2000 "Fuel Tank" that appears to be setup and containing 99% capacity fuel level? It LOOKS like you have two different fuel tanks set up for the same tank.
    I haven't been able to find a way to delete/remove anything from that page that shows the different fuel tanks. I've tried swiping down from the top of the screen like you do on other screens to see if I can get another menu to pop up. And, yes the sender unit is wired ONLY to the engine's wiring harness with NO other signal or sender wires attached to the fuel sender and a dedicated ground straight to the battery. Plus, it ohms out as designed at a range of 30-230 ohms.

If anyone knows the trick, I'd certainly love to hear it! Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by BASSASTER; 01-26-2021 at 07:03 AM.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I thought you were able to simply touch-select the various tanks to setup information on them.

Have you tried using a DEFAULT tank calibration? This would help to determine if perhaps it's a problem in the methods used with the sender "manipulation" method (there is a specific resistance threshold that must be met when you BEGIN, essentially ensuring that the tank is never truly "empty as in "dry"").

6. Member
    Thought I would provide an update for anyone who may struggle with similar issues. I have found a way to make the VVL display the fuel level on the home screen. I'm not convinced this is the way it is supposed to work, but it works as long as I reset to full in the Lowrance 'Settings' menu after each trip. I believe it is calculating fuel flow and subtracting it from the full setting as I run. I don't believe it is actually giving me a reading from the tank sender unit. See attached pdf for details.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12