New Main Hatch Seadek Install

Hi All,

I will soon be installing seadek or similar flooring in the cockpit of my 618 Pro.
    I really love the Vexus main tackle hatch idea of having that seadek’d as well and asked my installer about that and they said you’d be best off making a new alloy hatch which is a little bigger to take up the gap which would be left from not having carpet on the edges of the hatch.

whats all your opinions on doing something like that? I’d obviously then powder coat or paint the hatch so the edges looked more finished.

I really hate the idea of gaps around the edge but my installer said there is no way the seadek would stick if wrapped around a 90 degree edge even if it was routed to half thickness or something for the fold.

thoughts?

2. Member
    You dont have to build new lids. Just get some 1/16 or 1/8" flat bar and weld it to the sides to fill the gaps. Prep it and powder coat it and put the seadek on it. One thing to think about is the lid will be hitting the boat without any carpet so you may want to put weather strip or something down in that area

3. Member
    Did you get your cockpit done? Where did you purchase?