Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What freebies did you get from the Dealer?

What freebies did you get from the Dealer when you picked up your new boat?
    I will go first
    2- Nitro Hats
    2- Neck Nitro Gaiters

2. Member
    All I got from my dealer was grief from the 2 week of ordering. I was actually worried that picking my boat up would be a nightmare. I was surprised that I was able to get out without any problems. They did take pictures of my wife and I and never posted them. It was also the first Nitro they have ever sold and you think they would wanna promote that. While I was going through the ordering they told me they didn't wanna have to put a Nitro on there lot because of the money. I screwed up BIG time not wanting to drive to pick up my boat. I will not advertise for them and I hate to even tell anyone where I bought it. I have a light out on the bow trim switch that went out like in the first month and I just deal with it because I absolutely didn't want to deal with my dealer. I was told I had to deal with my dealer to get in taken care of under warranty so i still have a light out. Worst experience ever.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

3. Member
    I will not be dealing with my local dealer. The peace of mind will be worth the 140 mile drive.

5 hats? Haha
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Banned
    A koozie and 2 keychains lol.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steinybass View Post
    All I got from my dealer was grief from the 2 week of ordering. I was actually worried that picking my boat up would be a nightmare. I was surprised that I was able to get out without any problems. They did take pictures of my wife and I and never posted them. It was also the first Nitro they have ever sold and you think they would wanna promote that. While I was going through the ordering they told me they didn't wanna have to put a Nitro on there lot because of the money. I screwed up BIG time not wanting to drive to pick up my boat. I will not advertise for them and I hate to even tell anyone where I bought it. I have a light out on the bow trim switch that went out like in the first month and I just deal with it because I absolutely didn't want to deal with my dealer. I was told I had to deal with my dealer to get in taken care of under warranty so i still have a light out. Worst experience ever.
    Wow sorry to hear that.
    I bought mine about 3 1/2 hrs away from Houston, They suggested I use a dealership here in Houston if I need any
    service. A week after that, I noticed a small chip in the gel coat right above wear the spare tire mounts, and about 2 feet of the
    rub rail was holding water after washing the boat. So I took it to this dealer in houston to get those fixed, and they said
    they don't have a fiberglass guy and the rub rail will self drain, so they didn't fix anything.
    I took it home and fixed the gelcoat chip myself.
    Some Dealers are better than others I guess.

7. Member
    A floating keychain

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelfast View Post
    Wow sorry to hear that.
    I bought mine about 3 1/2 hrs away from Houston, They suggested I use a dealership here in Houston if I need any
    service. A week after that, I noticed a small chip in the gel coat right above wear the spare tire mounts, and about 2 feet of the
    rub rail was holding water after washing the boat. So I took it to this dealer in houston to get those fixed, and they said
    they don't have a fiberglass guy and the rub rail will self drain, so they didn't fix anything.
    I took it home and fixed the gelcoat chip myself.
    Some Dealers are better than others I guess.
    Yeah some are better than others for sure. I backed out of a deal with Pro's Choice in October 2018 on a boat because I couldn't do the drive towing a boat out and towing a boat back all in 3 or so days. This dealership was 30 minutes away so I figured it can't be that bad because I am ordering it the way I want it. Boat was I wrong. I think Pro's Choice would have painted a boat my color if the didn't have one on hand. I do have Mercury dealers here if I need something done and I have like 3 other Nitro dealers with in like 4 hrs. I won't even buy a key chain off my dealer.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

9. Member
    I feel bad for you guys with poor dealership experiences. For all the crap Bass Pro/Cabela's takes on this site, I have to say the Cabela's I bought my boat from has taken great care of me. The only "freebie" I got when I picked up my boat was an extra kill switch lanyard...and that's only because I specifically asked for one. I'm not too hung up on "freebie's" though. I would much rather have quality customer service from the folks in the boating and repair department...which is exactly what I have gotten the past three years. Actually plan on going tomorrow morning to my dealer just to ask maintenance/repair questions and I'm confident they will do anything they can to help me. I trust them.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

With my first Nitro (911 CDC), 2 hats. With the second, my Z21, two more hats. No issues with the dealership though...after I sent a lengthy email to corporate complaining about how hard it was to give them more than $50k. When you have salesman that are paid by the hour, they could care less if you buy or not. After the email, they were calling me within 12 hours of me hitting "send." Closed the deal over over the phone.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

I dunno if its the dealer, but all of my boats come with 3700 Boxes only 2 though. I got several in my garage, just used one yesterday for some baits.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

12. Dogfish_Jones
    Floating key chain, two caps.

13. Member
    No freebies. But I did have a great experience with the Rocklin, CA Bass Pro Shop.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

14. Member
    2 hats and two tee shirts. They sent me a nice 2021 calendar with a pic of me and my boat.
    Excellent customer service from Stokleys marine in Lexington Kentucky

Nothing, and it was hard to get anything done later.
    USAF Retired 1983 - 2003
    Ground Radio Technician
    2013 Nitro Z6 115 Optimax

16. Member
    Extra prop. S.s fury

17. Member
    Spare prop, it's a used tempest but not a scratch on it. Motor cover. Install of remote drain plug.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by framer View Post
    Extra prop. S.s fury
    Nice!
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

19. Member
    2 Hats from the Dealer, but from Nitro, got a big Nitro Cash Card and was able to get 2 nice long sleeve tech shirts and a really nice jacket!

Quote Originally Posted by bassmastermatt View Post
    2 Hats from the Dealer, but from Nitro, got a big Nitro Cash Card and was able to get 2 nice long sleeve tech shirts and a really nice jacket!
    I completely forgot about that...I got a BPS gift card ($1,000 I think) too.
    2016 Nitro Z21

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast