Thread: Havanese Puppy

Havanese Puppy

I am looking for a male Havanese puppy within a reasonable distance (200 miles) from Asheville, NC. I have found a few breeders but some remind me of puppy mills, others don't have any puppies now, and the rest cost way more ($2,00-$3500) than I am willing to spend. Today I got hooked up with a scammer who now won't return my messages because I insist on physically seeing the puppy before exchanging any money.

2. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohirolina View Post
    I am looking for a male Havanese puppy within a reasonable distance (200 miles) from Asheville, NC. I have found a few breeders but some remind me of puppy mills, others don't have any puppies now, and the rest cost way more ($2,00-$3500) than I am willing to spend. Today I got hooked up with a scammer who now won't return my messages because I insist on physically seeing the puppy before exchanging any money.

that's a good thing,,,, you don't have to waste anymore time on him.... you are playing it perfectly..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

I should have added that I am looking for suggestions if anyone has any breeders that they would suggest? SC, Tennessee, Virginia, Georgia, Alabama, etc.

Sometimes you have to travel. It took almost a year for me to find a breeder that I could trust what he said on the phone. I wanted a wire haired pointing Griffon With full breeding rights without breaking the bank. I had no interest in field trials or show ring blood lines. Just an honest hunter. We drove from NE Oklahoma to NE Minnesota to pick up the pup. I’d do it again in a heart beat. Some of the breeders are from a different planet it seems. Good luck with your search.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

5. Member
    Here is a link that might help you. We have a new Havanese puppy that we are picking up from Deborah at. Alabama Havanese in Marion Alabama next week. Expect to pay for a good quality Havanese puppy. It is a matter of supply and demand. We applied ahead of time to several reputable breeders. Please feel free to look up my contact information and I will be glad to share what we know.
    https://marketplace.akc.org/puppies/havanese

6. Member
    We got our havanese from raintree kennel in poplar bluff Missouri. Back in 2012 we toured the kennel and was really impressed. They do not ship puppies and require you to come pick them up yourself which I like. They have a website

7. Moderator
    My wife and I just got a German Shorthaired Pointer from New Jersey. Lots of communication before the puppy was born. Was well worth the wait and the 4 hour ride to pick her up. Do a background check on the breeder before sending a deposit. There's a lot of good breeders but there are some scammers.

8. Member
    The wife and I used to raise Hav's. Been a few years since we stopped, tho.
    The BEST advice I can give you, is buy QUALITY!!! Yep, it will cost $$$, but you will not regret it.

Please do not buy from a 'puppy mill'.
    Oh, Havanese are the best small dog ever. Yes, I am biased.

Bump for some breeder suggestions

10. Member
    League City, TX/Lake Sam Rayburn (Rayburn Country)
    I had to google it, national dog of Cuba.