Trailer Repair Shop near Springfield, MO

Can anyone recommend a good trailer repair shop in or near Springfield, MO? Towed my boat to Hydrotec yesterday to have the motor rebuilt and smoked a bearing on the way there. At the very least, will need new bearings and likely damaged the spindle as well. EZ loader trailer if that matters. Plan is to let Hydrotec do their thing, then have it towed to a repair shop where I’ll pick it up once it’s done.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Sorry I can’t help, but man, when it rains it pours!
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Sorry I can’t help, but man, when it rains it pours!
    Indeed. It was a long day.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good trailer repair shop in or near Springfield, MO? Towed my boat to Hydrotec yesterday to have the motor rebuilt and smoked a bearing on the way there. At the very least, will need new bearings and likely damaged the spindle as well. EZ loader trailer if that matters. Plan is to let Hydrotec do their thing, then have it towed to a repair shop where I’ll pick it up once it’s done.
    PM sent

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

5. Member
    JWM Trailer Sales in Reeds Spring has done lots of work on my trailer. Bill is the guy you want to speak with.

6. Member
    They aren't difficult to fix, you could easily change the hub and bearings out in your driveway.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig_Man View Post
    JWM Trailer Sales in Reeds Spring has done lots of work on my trailer. Bill is the guy you want to speak with.
    Thanks, I'll give them a call.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    They aren't difficult to fix, you could easily change the hub and bearings out in your driveway.
    Yes, but it's currently 200 miles from my driveway, and is a single axle trailer. Only way to get it home is to have it towed, and it would likely cost less to have it fixed where it is than to have it towed home and fix it myself. Also, without tearing into it, I don't know how bad the damage is. If I knew it just needed bearings and a hub, I'd get the parts and drive back up there and fix it myself.