Sunken house boat on Appomattox?

On the Appomattox river just north of Temple ave. House boat is sitting on bottom just outside of what looks like some kind of boat slip.

Been there for YEARS. Anyone know the story behind it? I see it almost every day and wonder what deal is with it.
    Semper Fi

2. Member
    I don't know the story but it has been there few years. Downriver below pye alley going into the cut/comstock there is another one sunk. I assume it broke loose from a slip and sunk.

3. Member
    Yeah everytime I go over the bridge I look down at it. Don’t know the story behind it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by javelin90 View Post
    I don't know the story but it has been there few years. Downriver below pye alley going into the cut/comstock there is another one sunk. I assume it broke loose from a slip and sunk.
    The one near Pye ally, at one time it was tied to a small dock just a little ways down river from the new/old Appomattox split, seems to me it was there for weeks and appeared that it was being used as a camper. Then one day, it was anchored just a little up river of the dock and sat for probably a month. Then all the sudden one day it was moved and anchored again in the middle of the "old" channel, probably 100 yards or less from the split. I am guessing, since it was in the navigable channel, the owner was forced to move it. It sat there for months, seemingly abandoned. Some storms came through and it started taking on water. I remember calling it in to VDGIF at that point. Since that side is not considered navigable, it did not appear that people were on board and, it did not appear to be leaking fluids, they were not seemingly too concerned at the time. Not too long after that, somehow it got pushed more to the bank to where it sits now, or at least the last time I was up that way. But, it's been years ago for me.

I found a few old pictures. Hopefully, they'll post

102_0554.JPG

102_0555.JPG

102_0556.JPG

102_0557.JPG
    I'd Rather be Fishing

5. Member
    Yes that is it. Even though it is not in a channel it is not leaking fluids I assume.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Addict View Post
    The one near Pye ally, at one time it was tied to a small dock just a little ways down river from the new/old Appomattox split, seems to me it was there for weeks and appeared that it was being used as a camper. Then one day, it was anchored just a little up river of the dock and sat for probably a month. Then all the sudden one day it was moved and anchored again in the middle of the "old" channel, probably 100 yards or less from the split. I am guessing, since it was in the navigable channel, the owner was forced to move it. It sat there for months, seemingly abandoned. Some storms came through and it started taking on water. I remember calling it in to VDGIF at that point. Since that side is not considered navigable, it did not appear that people were on board and, it did not appear to be leaking fluids, they were not seemingly too concerned at the time. Not too long after that, somehow it got pushed more to the bank to where it sits now, or at least the last time I was up that way. But, it's been years ago for me.

I found a few old pictures. Hopefully, they'll post

102_0554.JPG

102_0555.JPG

102_0556.JPG

102_0557.JPG
    Dang Rich, we used to fish that area all the time.

7. Member
    Think I have seen that one too.

So i guess it's still a mystery.
    Semper Fi

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vafishing View Post
    Dang Rich, we used to fish that area all the time.
    Never any fish anywhere remotely close to that area Jeff, probably not enough current breaks.
    I'd Rather be Fishing