Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who has a story from the 2020 fishing season?

Who has a story from the 2020 fishing season that is worth a share? I see it has been 2 months since we had any interaction in ND/SD forum, hell even share if it happened within an hour of the Dakotas.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

2. Member
    Sadly mine was cut short in the tournament sense... ended up hitting a sunken something or other prefishing the 2nd EDAK of the year... then parts from merc took a whole month to make it in.

Otherwise was a fun year on the water, definitely targeted smallies more this year. Got a few over 6lbs in the spring and focused on fishing new water all season. Best was getting my little girl out a bunch, her first year on the boat and earth!

IMG_8258.jpg

Well I was hoping to fish the Big Stone Open this year but that canceled due to the Rona outbreak. Then I was going to fish it again at the end of October but then a bad front rolled in and that tournament canceled as well. That was my only chances to fish in any of the Dakotas this year.

Outside of that, I had a good year. I won 4 out of the 5 tournaments I fished this year. Granted the one that mattered most was a completely bomb but that’s ok.

4. Member
    ^ right with you there on big stone. Was looking forward to that a lot, spent a bit of time out there, graphed all over, found where I wanted to be.... then canceled. Oh well. Made it to Roy and cattail for the first time... definitely not the gin clear smallmouth waters I am used to growing up in Michigan!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBarBack View Post
    ^ right with you there on big stone. Was looking forward to that a lot, spent a bit of time out there, graphed all over, found where I wanted to be.... then canceled. Oh well. Made it to Roy and cattail for the first time... definitely not the gin clear smallmouth waters I am used to growing up in Michigan!
    It was a shame about Big Stone. I’ve only fished it once and that was in a tournament last year in September. It is a amazing how many 25 (or more) pound bags are swimming around in that place!

Yeah big stone open in the fall got me too, more than likely was going to donate our entry but we were going to get a couple days in of prefishing.

7. Member
    Cattail is clear early, then turns into pea soup. Just be careful there as there are surprises all over that lake!
    Dave

8. Member
    Pretty uneventful for me this year...Just typical stuff. Smacked a rock and bent a prop shaft on Big Stone, imagine that.
    Finished second at another tourney on Big Stone. over 23#. yea second..
    Broke my back on Oahe as a passenger on a breezy day boat ride coming from Forrest City back to Mobridge. Knew it hurt like hell for about 12 hours, then felt better. The river was quite angary that day...I had a Cat scan in the fall and Dr. asked if I had injured my back recently, evidence on the scan... Just typical stuff!
    Can't wait for Spring!
    Dave

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass57348 View Post
    Cattail is clear early, then turns into pea soup. Just be careful there as there are surprises all over that lake!
    I never fished it before this year, imagine my surprise seeing a sunken forest... had a heart breaker in the tournament there this year, dragging a drop shot around in 12' cracked a 4.4 smallie... next cast saw another behind a rock on panoptix and hooked up instantly, she ran hard and snapped me off... kid brother looks at me and asks how big was it, right then she jumped right next to the boat with the worm still hanging there, was easily 6lbs

Fished a tournament on cattailkettle in the spring of 19, never saw the lake before was basically "forced" to run all over the place even with the dang trees. Haha

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Fished a tournament on cattailkettle in the spring of 19, never saw the lake before was basically "forced" to run all over the place even with the dang trees. Haha
    I found some nice old fence in about 8' out there too... just a lower units best friend, that lake

12. Member
    There is a corner post , think railroad tie that sits about 40 yards off shore that can ruin your day. I did catch 4 4# off it one day.
    Dave

13. Banned
    had a decent year fished the river more then i normally do. won big fish in a tournament on sharp. had some amazing days on bigstone. gonna fish the spring open on that this next year. and planning of fishing the state bass nation trail this next year as well. so hopefully more time on the water. i am kinda sad bigstone is getting so much attention now though. probably 7 years ago i fished it the first time and i fished for three days straight never caught one under 4 lbs and had a few over 6. and the numbers where there too probally close to 50 fish in 3 days

14. Member
    Are you guys fishing largies or smallies on Big Stone?

15. Member
    Sadly mine was cut short in the tournament sense... ended up hitting a sunken something or other prefishing the 2nd EDAK of the year... then parts from merc took a whole month to make it in.

Otherwise was a fun year on the water, definitely targeted smallies more this year. Got a few over 6lbs in the spring and focused on fishing new water all season. Best was getting my little girl out a bunch, her first year on the boat and earth!

IMG_8258.jpg
    Absolutely the BESTEST Bass picture I have seen in a while!

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    Are you guys fishing largies or smallies on Big Stone?
    Largemouth in all my years have never seen a smallie caught there heard rummers they are in there but I don't believe it

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    Absolutely the BESTEST Bass picture I have seen in a while!
    Thank you! She really enjoys it out on the water, she hates her life jacket, but she's forced to wear it anytime she isn't in moms hands eating!

IMG950029.jpg

Image-1.jpg

Nice^^ I like the face with the pink life jacket.

19. Member
    Anyone ever go out to Nelson? I don't want to emotionally commit to officially putting the boat away yet...

There’s actually a winter league going on at Nelson now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast