Thread: Why? SOB's

Why? SOB's

this is from this weeks completed auctions on ebay? What caused the price to be so high?

1 Small OkieBug (SOB) Dealer Card partially populated with 8 spinnerbaits

sold for $2247

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224194693402

2. Member
    Good question

3. Member
    Bids look weird

4. Member
    No idea! He still has to collect. I had guys with 1 feedback run a Thompson Type A fly vise to almost $200 twice! Never collected a dime. Maybe its just kicks for some folks!

5. Member
    And,there is no real penalty for a buyer not paying; unfortunately

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    And,there is no real penalty for a buyer not paying; unfortunately
    Yep, that's the problem.

7. Member
    I think that's what is so upsetting about it. It was right around fathers day. Which is a big selling time for Tackle Craft stuff. It takes at least 2 weeks after the "sale" to get things cleared and Oh Well I guess I'll relist it.

8. Member
    I had issues with a guy and (I'm assuming) his buddy bidding against each other just to run the price up. I had an eye on some lures and the same ones kept coming up for several weeks. The bidding was between the same two people and after a few weeks it stopped. The lures sold for a lot less later on. I didn't play the game.

9. Member
    I hate when that happens!! I've been going after classic rock cds and I've had 2 auctions where the winner didn't come through and it was offered to me at my bid! I wrote the seller and said why don't you either back it up to my earlier cheaper bid since he didn't pay OR Relist it and block that person!! He didn't quite like that answer!

I would almost bet people have friends bid stuff up. I usually don't bid much anymore unless it's something I really want. I do the Buy It Now saves hassles later.
    I'm a Fly tyer and I have one of the Thompsons - even mint with the box and instructions should never go to $200.